Blogging Mistakes: Are You Doing Any of These Blogging Mistakes

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging is one of the best ways to make money online, however, a lot of people fail to earn from blogging. More than 90 percent of blogs are shut down within 6 months. Do you know why? Here are some common blogging mistakes.

You cannot make a lot of money from your blogs. Well, there are, of course, many bloggers who make good money, nevertheless, for most of us, this is not going to happen. People who make a lot of money from blogging are SEO expert, highly skilled digital marketer and also an expert on their topics. Furthermore, they have been blogging for many years.

Blogging is a passive earning source, nevertheless, blogging actually isn’t passive work. The truth about blogging is you need to be very active in writing, publishing, website management, digital marketing, SEO, etc. This takes a lot of time.

Blogging from your last paragraph is both passive and non passive way of making money. It all depends on the individual that's into it. But I do tell people to make sure they have passion for writing before they go into blogging. Some go into blogging with the aim of plagiarism. All these won't help.

Blogging can either be full-time job or passive business depending on the individual running the blog. When I started out blogging few years back, I didn't write most of the contents, I only outsource to one Indian writer like that and he was doing wonderful jobs. I still have the blog with me up till now and its bringing traffic and money without touching it for months.

My take on blogging is the regular uploading of new articles. That is imperative because the readers would lose interest when a week would pass without any update in your blog. Take note that the blog is a diary which means you can post every day on what is happening about you. Although the blog is more likely not about you but still the continuity of posting should be observed at all times.

Blogging is a good way to make money online, however, this does not mean anyone will earn from blogs. You need multiple skills. Instead of Blogging on self hosted site and free Blogging platforms, I am more into micro blogging. I like doing short posts. Who reads long posts these days, anyways.