Blogging as a side hustle for students

D

Deleted member 13140

So I don't know about anyone seeing this but blogging was on of the things I really so badly wanted to do when I first got exposed to the online world, I went on quora I blogged on Google sites on blogger.com, but well I never actually stuck with anyone, to me it wasn't what I wanted to do.. but it's a pretty good side hustle for students, but it has a disadvantage which I'll stage below As we all know Blogging is, without a doubt, one of the best side hustles for students looking to supplement their income while still in school.

The intriguing aspect of blogging is that it is not as demanding as failing to achieve well in school. In reality, students who blog can learn a lot just by doing it, especially if the topic they are blogging about is related to their studies. I know a blogger who founded their blog as a student. And believe me, that didn't bother them at all because he was just essentially sharing his knowledge from the classroom with the rest of the world. As you can see, blogging is an excellent option for students who wish to earn money while still in school.

Writing high-quality material can earn a lot of money. Being a blogger, of course, needs a significant amount of time, patience, and consistency, as well as, of course, financial means. First and foremost, set up a WordPress blog.

You might start thinking about monetizing the site after it starts to get a lot of visitors. There are numerous options from which to choose. One way is to take use of the possibility to accept sponsored postings.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Blogging is a very good side hustle. It suits students so well for sure. This is because they are exposed to so much knowledge and so they can write about many topics fluently. They also have so much time that they can spend in blogging as it requires great dedication. I really like the idea of students posting about what they learn in school. I wish I had done this when I was student. Anyway, it is not too late to start.

The things that one needs in order to be successful in blogging are so many. One of them is financial wellness since it is a bit expensive to create a good high quality website. Secondly, the person should have a good mastery of writing articles and expressing themselves effectively. They should also have very good knowledge and good research skills that enables them to come up with great content.

Moreover, a blogger needs to choose a niche that they can focus on. That way, they always keep researching on that topic and coming up with great content for the readers.

Lastly, a blogger needs to be very good in promoting their content. This is because they depend on views and traffic in order to earn. Therefore, a blogger should have good skills in content promotion.

D

Deleted member 13140

If you visit bysophialee (this is a website, you can add the .com I don't want to because maybe its against trendri rules and stuff) but If you visit the site, you'll see it looks like something designed or atleast it'll look girly and childish, well that's because it was created by a college student who needed the money, and well now she makes more than all her class mates I think, but the point is, blogging is a really good side hustle anyone can start from anywhere and still make it, she blogs about college life, decorations and all that fashion stuff and then blogs about blogging, teaching other students how to do what she did, when she was in college.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know if blogging can be considered as a side business but based on the information I have gotten it is a business that can only be done as a full-time business and anyone who is really interested to engage in blogging shouldn't even consider to do the business as a side business because you have to dedicate your time to research on the best topic to write on depending on the niche are concentrating on.

Even though it might really be a profitable business on the long run but it is something that will need a lot of dedication and time and if this is not in proper position the possibility of making money as a blogger may be extremely low because the contents of your material is what most people are really interested , if it is of good quality the possibility of making money from Google adsense will be high and if it is low quality you may not likely be able to monetize your website.

Anyone that is really interested to engage in writing should have a good understanding of writing first because that is what is needed in attracting people to your website on daily basis.

E

eldavis

Blogging is a good way to make money online and there is no doubt about that, but can you really cope? For you to start earning from your Blog, it takes a lot of commitment, research to make sure you have quality materials to share before your write up and as well. Not to mention the amount of time you would have to put in and as well being consistent to make sure you update your blog for your viewers. Not all student have the time and patience to do this

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging is very lucrative and I know many students who are engaging in blogging. In fact, some of them are making full-time income with it.

Most of these student bloggers are making money from sponsored posts. Big companies place adverts on their blogs and they charge them on monthly basis for the advert.

It is possible to combine blogging with studying together. But the best thing is to have a solid plan to follow in which you are going to strike balance between the two.

Any student who is decided to go into plug-in must have a long term goal with blogging. The reason is that it can take years to grow blogging to profitability.

According to the income school course, you have to dedicate 24 months of consistent work for blogging before you can make full-time income with it.

With that, a student can start blogging right from level 100 and make it profitable before they reach final year if he or she is dedicated enough to post consistently on the blog.

It is good to have basic knowledge of search engine optimisation when you want to go about blogging. this will make it pretty much easier to receive free organic traffic from your blog overtime.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Blogging is one of the best online business ventures in which anyone or students can venture into and become successful on it. The good thing about blogging is that it gives you the opportunity to make up money from other online business ventures such as affiliate marketing and internet marketing generally. If you have a blog that brings a lot of traffic on monthly basis, from there you can know the kind of people that comes to your blog and you can start promoting different affiliate marketing products and make some commissions. You can also monetize your YouTube channel if your blog brings a lot of traffic. you can do this by creating educational posts and attaching your YouTube channel link on it and from there people can watch your videos and subscribe to your channel then on the long run you are definitely going to make money. You can also make money through your blog by people advertising their products. there are people that may come to your platform and place banners and ads and they pay you certain amount of money for them to do that. Blogging opens a lot of opportunities but people need to understand it is not a get-rich-quick scheme and requires a lot of work.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Many students and other kinds of people believe that making money by blogging is easy and they tend to start a blog with the intention of making money. The sad thing is that this is not the actual way to start a blog. if you start a blog and if making money through your blog is the only real purpose, then you will most likely leave the blog sooner. This is because majority of the blogs take a very long time to make money for their owners. Blogging would never start making money for you in just one night.

In fact, majority of the bloggers struggle a lot and work day and night to improve the SEO rankings of their blogs. A great way to get motivated and stay motivated is by starting a blog about a subject you love to write about. For example, I love mysterious things and I also love to write research-backed content that is truly interesting. I created a blog a few years ago on blogspot's blogger. I think it was a big mistake. You need to create blogs on professional blogging platforms. I would advise you to opt for platforms that have a drag and drop feature along with many other features.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Are you a student looking for extra money? You may be able to make money by blogging.

Blogging is the process of writing frequently about a specific topic and publishing it on the internet. Blogs are usually run by writers who are passionate about the topic they write about.

It can be a fun way to earn some extra cash, but it takes time and effort to maintain a blog. Also, if you plan to use your blog for business purposes, you may need to register as a business or learn more about business policies in your country.

If you're still finding it difficult to start blogging, just find a topic that interests you and your readers.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, I had an experience with blogging, the motivation kicked in after I read how one guy was making a lot of money from blogging per month which quite frankly I think it's a bad mindset to approach blogging with.

I watched some videos about it and I got pumped up, I bought a domain and set up my blog with Blogger.com, I started publishing contents, all in all I think I published 3 articles, that's all, I opened a FB page but I couldn't get any like and before you know it I lost interest and that's how I left it till the domain expired.

So, in my opinion as an experienced blogger, passion is very important, you need to also have knowledge on what you're blogging about.

Consistency is very important too, you need to be publishing at least one article everyday till you gain ground.

Immilash

Writing for a blog is an excellent side hustle. It suits understudies so well without a doubt. This is on the grounds that they are presented to such a lot of information thus they can expound on numerous themes smoothly. They likewise have such an excess of time that they can spend in publishing content to a blog as it requires extraordinary devotion. I truly like the possibility of understudies posting regarding what they realize in school. I wish I had done this when I was understudy. In any case, it isn't beyond any good time to begin.

The things that one requirements to be effective in writing for a blog are so many. One of them is monetary health since it is a piece costly to make a decent great site. Besides, the individual ought to have a decent dominance of composing articles and communicating their thoughts successfully. They ought to likewise have excellent information and great examination abilities that empowers them to think of incredible substance.

Additionally, a blogger needs to pick a specialty that they can zero in on. Like that, they generally continue investigating on that point and concocting incredible substance for the perusers.

Finally, a blogger should be generally excellent in advancing their substance. This is on the grounds that they rely upon perspectives and traffic to procure. In this manner, a blogger ought to have great abilities in content advancement.

Rezik

So I don't know about anyone seeing this but blogging was on of the things I really so badly wanted to do when I first got exposed to the online world, I went on quora I blogged on Google sites on blogger.com, but well I never actually stuck with anyone, to me it wasn't what I wanted to do.. but it's a pretty good side hustle for students, but it has a disadvantage which I'll stage below As we all know Blogging is, without a doubt, one of the best side hustles for students looking to supplement their income while still in school.

The intriguing aspect of blogging is that it is not as demanding as failing to achieve well in school. In reality, students who blog can learn a lot just by doing it, especially if the topic they are blogging about is related to their studies. I know a blogger who founded their blog as a student. And believe me, that didn't bother them at all because he was just essentially sharing his knowledge from the classroom with the rest of the world. As you can see, blogging is an excellent option for students who wish to earn money while still in school.

Writing high-quality material can earn a lot of money. Being a blogger, of course, needs a significant amount of time, patience, and consistency, as well as, of course, financial means. First and foremost, set up a WordPress blog.

You might start thinking about monetizing the site after it starts to get a lot of visitors. There are numerous options from which to choose. One way is to take use of the possibility to accept sponsored postings.

Blogging is really like another job if you are trying to start a business. It will take a lot of effort to make it work if you are being serious about it making a worthwhile amount of money. The internet space has become highly saturated and you are up against a ton of competition just to be considered anywhere near the top.

Unless you go for relatively obscure niches which are hard to find and don't generate too much traffic, blogging is going to be a very tough path to success in todays world.

There are many other alternatives that are great opportunities compared to blogging now that are not saturated and much easier to make money in. The biggest one right now, in my opinion, is crypto. So many millionaires are being made from nothing in crypto right as we speak.