General insurance Be wary of scam insurance scheme?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When I bought the insurance policy, I did not buy from the insurance agent, instead, I did some research on various insurance companies and compared their insurance packages and pricing. When I chose the company I want to insure with, I walked to the office of the insurance company to buy the insurance policy.
What you did is a reasonable thing, others wouldn't follow such step after learning it. They'll still allow those agents to fine tune them on what to do when it comes to insurance. We should make our own researches to determined how transparent is the company we are going into, and head over on our own, and not just relaxing and believing in what agents say.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
There are roving insurance agents who knock from house to house and offering their insurance policy. My mother had subscribed to one when I was young but she quit when there was a dispute in the premium that she had paid. The advice to the public is to check with the insurance company if the roving agent is legit and officially affiliated with the insurance company.
Noted. Most of them are common men, roving from one place to another looking for means to get money by scamming people. I don't pay attention to all insurance agents. When I need insurance scheme, I'll simply go to their branch, that will surely be better for my life and not just listening to a scammer.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
This is so true, I think it is rampant these days that scammers are ripping people of their money by pretending to be a real insurance company, by so doing, they will attract their victim with tons of impossible opportunities in insurance policy of which these opportunities are not even real.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There are roving insurance agents who knock from house to house and offering their insurance policy. My mother had subscribed to one when I was young but she quit when there was a dispute in the premium that she had paid. The advice to the public is to check with the insurance company if the roving agent is legit and officially affiliated with the insurance company.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The major reason so many people do not subscribe to Insurance policies is that they have been victim of scam insurance agencies. It's not really easy to pay for premium and at the end found out that it's a scam. Before buying an insurance policy, we have to check the ratings of the insurance company or the insurance agents.
That's just it dear. We need to check their rating, reviews made about them to ascertain its legitimacy. If its legit, through viral positive responses from users you'll come to understand that it is legit. The one that is fake will always go down with poor rating. Then going further to read the company's review in other channels makes it possible to ascertain their credibility.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The major reason so many people do not subscribe to Insurance policies is that they have been victim of scam insurance agencies. It's not really easy to pay for premium and at the end found out that it's a scam. Before buying an insurance policy, we have to check the ratings of the insurance company or the insurance agents.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This is true many insurance companies claim's to be genuine and meanwhile they are fake , anyone who invest in them might end up getting scammed ,more research is really needed so the person would not make that kind of mistake , I think currently there are plenty fake insurance companies available both offline and online ,we just have to be careful too
That's it. In the sense that we have legit insurance companies, their are still scam around the legit insurance companies. That's to say, some persons are simply fraudulent, the just want to crave options strategies to steal others funds in the name of insurance. That's why we don't suppose to believe in every agent's comments when they introduce insurance policy to us, review should be done first before agreeing with any of them.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
With the way people are just getting to know about how they can actually use insurance platforms and how beneficial it will be, many people are now trying to use the opportunity to scam people. In this vain it is always important that you should invest only with insurance platforms that have been duly registered with the government and have a physical address.
This is true many insurance companies claim's to be genuine and meanwhile they are fake , anyone who invest in them might end up getting scammed ,more research is really needed so the person would not make that kind of mistake , I think currently there are plenty fake insurance companies available both offline and online ,we just have to be careful too

sincerem

VIP Contributor
With the way people are just getting to know about how they can actually use insurance platforms and how beneficial it will be, many people are now trying to use the opportunity to scam people. In this vain it is always important that you should invest only with insurance platforms that have been duly registered with the government and have a physical address.
You've seen the kind of world we are living in Nah? People just want to rip others off, and take away their hard earned money all in the name of investors ng lifetime into insurance. That's why we need to be smart in our own too, to always make review first before accepting the words of any insurance agent, most of them are simply fraudulent.

Setho

VIP Contributor

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Remember we are living in a world full of unexpected and surprises, full with dubious people claiming to be real insurance agents. They'll come to you appearing very decent, and explaining the terms of every insurance policy, so you invest in your money with lots of benefits they'll list out for you which is very much bigger than what legit insurance schemes can offer.

We should always be wary of this agents promoting fraud with toms of reward to be made with any given insurance policy.

It is always advised to make proper research, ask questions concerning the information you got from an agent claiming to be licensed with an insurance company. That will enable you find the truth, knowing which one is legit or scam.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I have truly heard more about fake insurance agents and other things attached , I think it's mostly common now and we need to be very careful , because many are on social media as they would require the details of your self so that they would be able to scam the person , it's best for the person to do proper research

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I bought the insurance policy, I did not buy from the insurance agent, instead, I did some research on various insurance companies and compared their insurance packages and pricing. When I chose the company I want to insure with, I walked to the office of the insurance company to buy the insurance policy.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is a very good thing to be careful in what one does generally when it comes to capital intense business so as not to fall victim of scammers in every area or angle because scammers are everywhere using all sort of names to cover their business.A lot of them are in insurance company getting people to dupe all in the name of joining them.

That's just it dear. Scammers have infected everywhere just to dupe people off their hard earned money just acting so deceitful. That's why we ought to be careful when dealing with such kind of people who come in to claim agent of insurance. We should seek to see their licence and some important documents that proves that they're legit.

Good luck

Verified member
It is a very good thing to be careful in what one does generally when it comes to capital intense business so as not to fall victim of scammers in every area or angle because scammers are everywhere using all sort of names to cover their business.A lot of them are in insurance company getting people to dupe all in the name of joining them

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think we need to be very careful when signing the documents because they might contain some hidden terms and condition which you are not aware of. It will be better to take a lawyer along to check the documents thoroughly for any error or hidden terms and condition. This is the way scam insurance outfit operate.
You're simply correct dear, that's why I love seeking diverse opinions in order to to get satisfied for the information I'm sourcing for. It is very ideal to take an attorney to sign an insurance policy to avoid any lingering issues that leads to scam and making us running loss of finance unnecessarily which we never dreamed of.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive that as an individual we all need to be very careful about some insurance company . we belive that almost everybody are their looking for how to make ends meet and its only those insurance company that are ready to protect there name that do not misbehave and spoilt there good name.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
You are actually right and as a matter of fact, I totally agree with you on this. The problem is just that some people will always fall for scams like that because they just want to hear easy and beneficial insurance policy not thinking what would be the company’s gain if insurance policies were so beneficial.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think we need to be very careful when signing the documents because they might contain some hidden terms and condition which you are not aware of. It will be better to take a lawyer along to check the documents thoroughly for any error or hidden terms and condition. This is the way scam insurance outfit operate.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
One of the disadvantages of insurance scheme is that it is prone to scam. People that have the knowledge don't really involve in it except there is urgent need to. Those that don't have much knowledge however always fall the victims of this ugliest situation of scam. The chance if getting into one is almost higher online.

How to prevent being a victim of scam insurance scheme. We need to make sure we don't believe anything we see online. We need to do further research to know more about the advertised insurance scheme. If possible, try to know the physical office of the insurance company. Knowing this will make the mind be at rest.

We should only involve in the insurance schemes that will know more about. There are some insurance schemes that are always the same. If care is not taken, one may mistake one for the other. We should try to read on our iwnr ad know the right one to go for. For instance, we just don't insure except we are very sure that we are prone to risk in the area we want to insure on.

There is nothing stopping us from seeking the help of professional. We can call on the insurance agents or even brokers to help us in putting us through.