Bamboo plantation for a long term investment

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a long term investment only for those who have land that are not in use. It is common to see unattended land in the countryside that I hope they would use for planting anything just to have an earning.

The bamboo plantation is easy to tend because there’s actually no need for tending. Even the planting area does not need to be very clean of weeds or shrubs. The planting material is cheap and you can start the planting of the cuttings at the onset of the rainy season. The bamboo groves would need about 50 square meters of space for each grove so a 1 hectare of land can be planted to about 200 bamboo. Let it stay for 5 years although for best results you have to check the farm every month or so to make sure that the planted cuttings are growing well. After 5 years you can start selling the bamboo poles that can be your source of income.

In fact this information really call my attention in to this bamboo of a thing. Before now many people do not use to value it ,I mean they just think that it's just a tree . But it's a tree with value now.
Many people or contractors that use to build house use to request for it well now to build house and there are many sale and profit from it now.

In fact this information really call my attention in to this bamboo of a thing. Before now many people do not use to value it ,I mean they just think that it's just a tree . But it's a tree with value now.
Many people or contractors that use to build house use to request for it well now to build house and there are many sale and profit from it now.

This is awesome, but it would tame some time before development
And bamboo farming requires land, because it occupied a lot of space and it compet with every other plants
You are right that it will take time so it is better to invest on a plantation of any kind while you are still young. With the bamboo it has a high demand here for use in making furniture and other handicraft. One long bamboo pole costs $1 in the farm so it is a big business if you have a bamboo plantation that can supply the bamboo needs of the town or city.

I have some relatives living in the village, they grow bamboo for personal use (they use bamboo for fencing, make small cottages, etc.), however, they are not farming bamboo for commercial purposes. By the way, what is the commercial value of bamboo. I mean what are bamboos used for (on the industrial scale). Handicraft and furniture might be a small-scale business.

The bamboo tree is actually one that is very economically sound. It is most widely used around here to make mats and bed support for people who are suffering from orthopaedic conditions. It can also be used to make very tough canes that are used for sporting activities so it is a very good investment