Lemon plantation for idle lands

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My niece bought 4 hectares of land that she converted into a vacation home. On our first trip to that vacation home I noticed the many citrus trees (it is called calamansi which is like small version of lemon). The land was a plantation of calamansi when my niece bought it. Her workers had removed the trees and left just less than half of the number. Since the interest of my niece is into another field that may be the reason why she didn't care for the citrus plant. I have seen a lemon plantation before and I imagined that if you will plant calamansi and lemon in your land then it would be profitable especially because those citrus plants are not seasonal with the harvest. However, you would need workers to do the harvesting and also the chore of cleaning the farm.

If my plan had pushed through when my wife was still alive, the land that we would buy would be planted with lemon. One piece of lemon here costs 50 cents which is a pretty good price for a high value crop. A hectare can accommodate 10,000 trees (but that is a compact planting) but 5,000 trees is more comfortable. Think if you can sell 10,000 lemon fruits in a week, that's big money.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Lemon is one of the most important fruit in the whole world. It also has lots of nutritional and medicinal properties, and we all know how lemon adds value to our foods and juices by great flavour. Lemon can be grown easily in any soil, but it prefers the soil pH range with 5.5 to 7.0. And the temperature needed for a lemon tree is, 25°C to 30°C. Before starting lemon plantation, collect all information related to its cultivation such as lemon tree water needs, exact climate for the tree, fertilizer schedule, soil ph, etc. This business is profitable when you plan lemon crops in such a way that its trees produces more fruits during summer, as lemon price rises in summer season.