Things needed to make money from plantation business

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Truth be told, this particular job is very lucrative but it takes time to yield because it is not one of those jobs that can make you income overnight. Nevertheless I can say that it is always worth the wait and then again the risk of losing in the business is low if you ask me because it so realistic, all you need to do is to give it adequate attention so as to avoid any danger that might befall it.

To be successful in the job, there are some things that is needed to be done because these things will make it easier and smooth for you.

1. Good roads
2. Adequate security

1. Good roads: This is actually needed and the reason I included it in the list is the fact that most of the farmlands are usually in the rural areas which happens that roads is one of their challenges, so you should not hesitate to make good roads channel for the sake of your business.

2. Adequate security: In nigeria today, we all know how these terrorists disturb the farmers without showing them any mercy, so it will be very helpful to consider providing security to save your establishment.

Plantation is a good investment for anyone who has an eye for agriculture. Oil palms , plantain, cocoa, kola , bitter cola, etc These things you can invest on.
Like you said, this investment is no that you do to get rich over night, you have to be patient and rich. And trust me , it's worth the patience.

You need a large land area of land to make this possible. Some of the disadvantages like you said can be ,fertility of the soil, if you are going to get more fertilizer it will sure cost you more. The next is pest infection, insecurity , like you stated , animals reared by Shepherds can invade and damage your farm, there could be bush burning as well, this is very disastrous, thief's and bad road, it would be a setback during the harvest, there will be difficult transportation from the rural area to the city, in fact a lot of the harvest my damage or get spoilt due to increase number of days during transportation.

I have never been into plantation business and I do not plan to get into this business. However, I know many gardeners who are into plantation business. In fact, we have even hired a gardener who used to work for us. I never knew that farmers even needed security. However, if this is what they require, then I think the government should provide them with security. When it comes to plantation and farming business, you might need a lots of knowledge or hire a Gardner or farmer who could guide you in a proper manner. Otherwise, there are chances that you will not succeed in the business. Plantation and gardening business also requires you to have good knowledge of fertilizers being used to grow plants. Low-quality fertilizers might damage the crops. Watering the plants in an excessive way is also bad for them.