Are There Illegal Side Hustle Ideas Too?

Shaf

Verified member
A lot of blog posts say that they give you legit ideas of side hustles that can pay, and this leads to the thought that there could be illegal side hustles too.

While some of them may seem legit you, it's possible that some countries consider these side hustles totally illegal, and it could lead to problems if you do them.

One of them is sports betting and gambling. It is common business in my country, but some countries totally frown at it as a way to make money.
Another is money doubling schemes that are quite popular too online, especially on WhatsApp. You will be promised double or multiple times your intial investment. Most of these are scams though that cheat people of their money.

Some countries also consider cryptocurrency illegal, for example, China. Trading or using crypto could get you arrested.
Selling low quality or counterfeit products is another illegal side hustle that is common worldwide. The people who do this stand risk of being persecuted if caught.

Rubz

You are right. There are some side hustles that can be legal in some country and illegal in other countries. Rules differ from country to country. For example, in my country, gambling and sports betting is not considered illegal in my country and there are a lot of gambling and betting stores around. Whereas, in some other countries, gambling and sports betting is considered illegal and people can only gamble in secret and risk being caught. Also, in my country, investing in or trading crypto currency is illegal because the government placed a ban on crypto currencies. Whereas in other countries, people can freely carry out crypto currency transactions. it's funny that sometimes the high paying jobs like crypto currencies are considered illegal in some countries, this can be really annoying and one might be tempted to go against the rules.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, There are some side hustles that are termed illegal in my country but legal in other countries.

The only issue here is the Rules difference in countries which is from country to country. Like you rightly stated ithink the government of different countries Established these rules and let it's citizens to know those that are against the law.
Like sports betting and gambling is illegal in Nigeria but. It is common business now. The people know this but they doing it to make money but I know some countries totally frown at it as a way to make money.

Even with money doubling schemes is very popular offline and is quite popular too online, especially on different platforms You will have to fall a victim to know they are mere scam. The thing is that you just have to be careful when indulging in any of these illegal side hustles as most of them are scam.

Heartstrings

Yes there are illegal hustles as too. Like the saying say, there is nothing that doesn't have advantages and disadvantages. Aside each country has their own side hustles,there are some type of way of making money some people like to engage in,they call it it's part of hustling, anything for the money. It's actually robbery and prostitution,yes I am been plan here,there are some people that finds robbery as a hustles because it gives them Money,their excuse is it's part of hustling.

Prostitution is also part of it,you will see some people engage in such act just to have a side money or when it seems they are kind of broke,they just do one or two runs and the money is smiling at them,I see this as illegal way of making money. Just like as people know gambling, betting and yahoo is illegal but they still do it and it is even common now, just for the money.