Are online freelancing jobs very lucrative?

V

.V.

I've been hearing about getting freelancing jobs online at various freelancing websites.
Upon checking it out, I found out that there are various jobs you can do like typing, proofreading, creative writing, graphic design, programming etc. It all depends on the skills you have. The downside is as a beginner you get almost zero job requests because your ratings are low. Hirers tend to look for higher rates freelancers.
I held on for a month but the number of jobs I did were only 5 yet my ratings never got past one star. I gave up but now I'm thinking should I start again? Is it really that lucrative or should I look for other ways to make money?

eenya00

Freelancing jobs these days are very lucrative, with the only challenge being, how many clients can you attract per month, and not just the number of clients but how much are they willing to pay for your service.
Carving a niche for yourself or commanding large volume of patronage monthly is directly proportional to your skill sets and the amount of good reviews you have amassed over the period of time you have being working as a freelancer, if you tick the box then you can be sure of making great earnings on a monthly basis.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Yes, freelancing is a very lucrative venture but you need to understand that it is not an easy way to make money online but it is a very lucrative way. The freelancing space is very competitive because there are so many people around the world who want to make money on so many things as freelancers online.

If you want to become a freelancer the first thing you have to do is to try as much as possible to acquire a skill. There are several skills you can acquire on the internet such as content writing, graphics designing, web designing and so many others and you can sign up on these platforms to offer their services to people and make money.

It can take you some months for you to land a job but on the long run you're going to make profit provided you are very consistent and I have proper knowledge of how to get the jobs.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Online freelancing is very lucrative. You can make a full-time income by working on freelancing platforms. However, you need to understand a couple of things. You need to be highly skilled. You can earn from typing, proofreading, data entry, etc. however, these tasks can never make you a lot of money. You need to have professional skills like web designing and programming, graphic designing, technical writing, video making, animation, cloud computing, etc. You also need to have patience. No matter how skilled you are, the buyers on freelancing platforms are not waiting to hire you. You will have to prove yourself. If you have a portfolio to showcase, that will be an advantage. If you can lower your rates, you might have a chance of getting hired. Your focus should be on getting as many positive ratings as possible, the more positive ratings you have, the higher your chance of getting hired.

E

eldavis

I have also heard a lot about freelancing gigs, people say it is very lucrative and from what i have seen so far, it is indeed lucrative but at the same time it is never easy. You have even tried to be able to get up to five jobs so far. I would advice you continue. Just keep pushing and improving yourself. You can also join on other freelancing sites, do not focus on just one. I plan to fully try freelancing myself as from next year.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well from my understanding freelancing job is really a profitable job most especially if you are expert in one skills or the other . The only challenge you might possibly face as any freelancer is that you will not likely be able to make money because of the competition in most of these freelance platform.

That is why becoming a freelancer does not only have to involve the skill you have learnt , it will also involve the fact that you should develop a good marketing strategy on how to sell your product or services in these platform because with a good strategy the possibility of making money with freelancing job is very much possible.

There are so many people that are generating thousands of Dollars with freelance platforms so it all depends on the skills to offer and you have to understand that people who are offering graphic designing skills may not make money by people who are offering advanced skills like programming or data analysis.