5 business idea for college students

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of different business ideas out there for college students. But which ones are the best?

Here are 5 businesses that college students can start:

1. Freelance Writing

If you have a way with words, then you can start your own freelance writing business. There are a number of different platforms you can use to find clients, such as Upwork and Fiverr.

2. Social Media Management

Many businesses are in need of someone to manage their social media accounts. This can be a great business for college students because it can be done remotely.

3. Personal Shopping

Do you love to shop? Then you can start a business as a personal shopper. There are a number of people who are too busy to shop for themselves, so they will pay you to do it for them.

4. Virtual Assistant

A virtual assistant is someone who provides administrative support to businesses and individuals. This can include tasks such as scheduling appointments, handling email, and social media management.

5. Event Planning

Do you love planning parties and events? Then you can start your own event planning business. This can be a great business for college students because it can be done around your class schedule.

Thanks for the list. All the business you have listed above are good for students because all they need is to organise and spent time to engage . There are some I don't really have much idea about such as the victim assistance . As a student leader in the higher institution or college the most important business you should try to engage on show me an online business because with this you can organise your time to engage in them conveniently without it being a burden to you and your academic.

As a visual assistance , I don't know if this will interfere with your academic process because in this case you are likely to work at a certain hour and this will always be the time you are needed most in school except you can reschedule to work in the evening when you are back.

You should consider online business that are easier to do and must be done on spare time.

Even though the word business can be used in a number of ways and it does not always refer to as a buying/selling/trading activity, there is a difference between business (buying/selling/trading activity) and offering services. If you work for a company, or even a business organization, you are not doing a business, you are actually doing a job. Most of the ideas listed by the OP as “business” are actually services. For example, personal shopping and virtual assistant are not businesses, even freelance writing and social media management are more like jobs rather than businesses. Event planning is of course a business, however, I do not think this business is for novices and students, this business is for the seasoned businessman who has a huge contact list and has marketing skills. In my opinion, the best business for students is print on demand and dropshipping. These methods do not require a huge investment. Well, selling products can be difficult, though