3 Disadvantages of doing eye-service at the workplace

Augusta

VIP Contributor
if you are one that isn't putting in genuine work but just doing eye service just to be noticed by your supervisor or Boss then you might just be ruining yourself and even your job. One that isn't genuinely working for a company marres the growth of the company because you are not really putting in the work necessary for the growth.

The three disadvantages are:

You might not really know how to tackle the jobs and this will bring inefficiency. You are just doing the little you are doing to just get noticed.

You would caused others to copy same and no body will be ready to put in the needed job. This means everyone would want to be noticed too. So a lot of times jobs or tasks would be left undone until the person that needs to notice is around

The turnover of the company would be low. As much is not done by the workers in the company and ofcourse the output will be low too.

Add yours?

There are several disadvantages of doing eye-service at the workplace. These include:

1. The employees will have to work more than what is required.

2. They will be absent from their work station and this can lead to lost productivity.

3. The quality of service will not be good because it is done by a person who is not trained in doing so.

4. There will be a lot of distractions while they are working on eyes, since they are looking at other things around them.

5. You will always step on people's toes because you will end up at places you are not needed. Doing things you are not required to do.

6. You might get yourself into trouble trying to earn other peoples glory while they execute the task. And when you end up overdoing the tasks giving to you, it might cost the organization a lot therby affecting your job as well.

I am not the kind of person that pretend over anything. I can't displease myself to please anyone be it the employer or anyone else. I often wonder how people go to lengths to do things to please their bosses even when it is crystal clear that those things are not beneficial to them.

A boss I worked for once called me around 6 am to go take delivery of some materials for him, I told him I won't go. He carried a long face for me throughout that week but I didn't really care. I don't believe in being hypocritical.

I know of a man that is always doing all his boss' does with his recourse to go take care of his own needs. Anyone that can't see through my good intention and expects me to do eye service for him. I am not going to do it. Let my work be seen and appreciated.

For me I see this kind of a thing as awful, and disrespectful for businesses. It's one of the mulpractices that it kills many businesses out there
For the workers who would do the work only when the bosses are around, It's not a good thing at all. These kind of workers could not be successful in business of their in the sense that they don't take their jobs seriously, dedicated and not hard working. There is a saying that goes when you take care of your fellow's job care would be taken for your business too by that time you may have started one. In other words you must work hard on the employed job so that it can achieve its success and so your business