2 Types of Business Relationship

raaman

Valued Contributor
The type of business relationship depends on the number of clients and the profit margin for the business.

1. Proactive relationship:

The seller or other company employees periodically contact the customer by providing him with suggestions on how to use the product or information on new offers.

2. Partner relationship:

The Company continues to work with customers to find ways to deliver more value.

There are three main ways to create value for a customer. The first way is to provide customers with financial benefits. For example, many airways offer frequent flyers credit, hotels provide their customers with higher standard rooms, and supermarkets refill their purchases.

When I had my retailing business we have a time for doing follow-up calls to our clients aside from the time to do the prospecting for calling companies that we have selected from the yellow pages of the phone directory. Getting connected to the customer once in a while by a simple phone call is important although it is wrong to be calling too often that the customer may be annoyed and feel harassed already. If that is proactive then I'd say we were doing more than that. Sometimes our sales staff would drop by the office of the client with a token like a snack food. That pays a lot in business.