Would you still choose to work online if an online job pays more?

Shaf

Verified member
I know many of us choose to work online simply because we don't have a job or business offline that pays more than what we get.

Considering that you have experienced working online and have made money through it, looking at the benefits and disadvantages it has, and then comparing it all to a job you can do offline, especially one that pays more, which would you rather have?

Would you forfeit your online hustle and work offline, combine both or forfeit the offline job instead?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Personally and currently I am doing the two. I am combining the two ways of earning money. But to be frank, I am still in my offline business because of only one thing and the thing is that online business or work is not always reliable. I could remember when I was working as s transcriptionist on a website. I could easily make $400 every month. Then I was tempted to leave my offline job to focus on it but I resisted. Now I am only making less than $30 on the same website.

Another reason why I may still not leave offline job for online is that I love meeting people on a daily basis . Though, there are chances of meeting people online as well but there is no more trust because it is always a faceless forum unlike real life where you will see whom you are dealing with. This will enhance your ego and boost your self esteem.

An online worker tends to be lazy if care is not taken. The fact that you are your own boss and you answer to no one couple with the fact that you can work anytime you wish to work can make you lazy 9f actually you choose to. Unlike offline where you will be monitored by your boss.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is important that everyone here understands that no online job is guaranteed to stay forever and sooner or later that online job which pursue incredible amount of money could one day vanish . Accept the online job platform is created , runned and owned by you . so it is advisable not to leave your offline job just because an online job is paying more better , rather you should invest your time , energy , and resources etc . on the both mediums , in this way if one medium stops bringing in money the other can be something to still hold on to.

I know a lot of people wish to stay at home and invest their time and energy on their various online jobs so as to earn a living . This is indeed a great idea but you should think about what other people would say seeing you staying at home all day . sometimes you will try to explain to them that you earn your money by working online but the sad truth is that most people do not even know what online business is and might just probably think you are lying and doing something malicious to earn money .

Skysaint

Verified member
In this life I would concentrate on what will earn me a better income especially if the offline job is in connection with what I studied at school then that would be a dream come through.
Online business can be lucrative for me but if u have a offline business that pays me better amount of money then I would put my time to it to see if I can even earn more. I don't think anyone will want to stay with an income source that pays less when there's an opportunity for them to earn more.
The skill I am learning about to start earning better and faster online is actually a cool one and I enjoy doing it, it's more like it gives me fulfillment but if there's an offline job that pays better then you I will have to do the needful. But one thing is certain anyway, I am not going to totally abandon my online earning methods. I will surely find I way I could dovetail the two and earn better from them. I have always loved working both offline and online and that's diversity.

Kendy

Verified member
I would always opt for an alternative that would fetch me more money. As it stands, my profession is teaching and I have lost count of the number of schools which I offered my services. It is either I end up being paid late, frequent deductions, lack of compensation and fringe benefits, threat to loose the job or miserable working conditions were accompanied with this. Now, do you think it would be possible that I see a better online job that can fetch me more money, without no deduction or stringent job dismissal threats and I would still opt for the teaching or another low paying offline jobs? Even if my passion is teaching, so long as the place of a teacher is now undervalued, I would rather go for something that would make me comfortable than remain in a dead end job that they silence the voice of teachers by giving them an assurance that, 'their reward is in heaven.' One of the reason I engage on forums is to look out for better earning opportunities and also learn ways in which i can be financially independent. Since I started working online, I have not been put under any form of pressure or duress but this is not so for offline jobs.

Yhubee

I can combine both offline and online jobs as far as I am comfortable with it.
If i am currently working online , and I see an offline job that pays more, I am only willing to go for the offline job if the salary is way higher than what I am receiving online and not just higher by a little difference. Also the working environment needs to be conducive enough in order for me to give out my best. Another thing is that the job should not be too stressful to the point that I don't have time for myself at all. Salaries should not be delayed and of course benefits should outweigh the risks.
If the above conditions are not available, I would rather stay at home comfortably and make my earnings through online jobs and save myself the stress of transportation especially if I don't have my own means of transportation. With online jobs I can rest when I want and I can have easy access to the things I need such as food and other necessary things. With constant research I can get to find out online jobs that pay very well, that is up to $ 500 and more.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
See one thing I like about online business is just the ability for us to work on spare time and that is one of the unique characteristic of online business that offline business do not have to offer . Because of this unique ability a lot of people can use that opportunity to multitask i.e engaging in two things at a time.

Well if I see a good earning opportunity offline that is really paying me well and it's not as stressful as most offline work I will choose to work offline and I can use my spare time I have in my life to work online , I will still be able to earn something If I can organise my time perfectly. I believe it is quite possible for me to multitask both of them .

Offline job is even more easier when you are doing it professionally but a situation in which you are a laborer or you are engaging in some unprofessional skilled jobs , you are likely to stress yourself and spend a lot of your time chasing things that may not really be profitable or salary that won't really improve your life to the next level.

Caramelle

I feel much safer combining both online and offline methods but I'll definitely give priority to my offline work if I have to choose between them. Offline work offers more security and reliability in terms of income, benefits, and tenure. Each day of work in an offline job adds layers of security to one's retirement package and pension plan. Working every day earns you a fixed salary on an immediate basis while building up amounts of bonuses that get paid at year-end. You get paid during vacation and sickness days. You get to enjoy other perks. An offline job is also often about your specialization, a fact that can help you gain mastery of your profession and help you build credibility in your community. Online jobs are often unreliable and temporary. You often have to hop between jobs because some good things never last. You are as good as your last online work or contract. I love making money online but I would like to be realistic about its prospects.​

Ayeshabashir

I think people have their own choices to work online or offline and from ky perspective people select job according to their own ease and they will get more profit and benefit as far as my my job is concerned then i prefer to work online there are many reason why i would like it the first reason is that i do not need to go anywhere to so work because in online job you just need a Mobile and portable laptop and you can do your all work by simply sitting at your home and the second thing is that in online job there is no stress and depression and you don't need to work under the boss its all up to you when you want to work or not and the third reason through online work you will able to share your opinions and views with other people and also getting knowledge and information from other people's opinions and ideas besides this your writing and learning skills will also improved and the fourth reason my interest towards cryptocurrencies insist me to do online work and gain more information about digital currency so due to all these reasons i like online jobs

Hagson1

Wow, this is very interesting. Will I choose to work online if online work still Pays. My answer is yes. One of the easiest way to make money is online. This is because it's required no physical labor you just need to have your data ready. After you have your data ready, you should make sure that the site you are using is legit. Because now scammers are everywhere. Most especially online, more than 50 percent of people that are being scammed is online. And this is because, you interaction with the people who you don't even know. How can you know then that a site is genuine and not a scam. Because there is a friend of mine that was scammed. He started this business with the person not knowing that is a scammer. After trusting the man at long last he run away with his money. If the site that was introduced to you don't believe it, my advice is that you shouldn't go in to it. But sincerely speaking their are a lot of online business that pays. So someone needs to be very very careful in dealing with online stuff. As they said nothing good come easy.

Rachael

Verified member
If I have the opportunity to come across an online job that pays better, then I would stop working offline for good. I have been through different offline jobs and the pay rate is so meagre which is coupled with frequent deductions and incessant owed salaries. Although I have not found a desirable site to work online but from my short experience online, I prefer the leverage of working online and being sure of the amount you can make in a day or month. I try each day to be committed in working online because I am very positive that with time, I will come across sites that would offer better pay rates.

Also, to reach the apex of earning higher online, I need to engage in a skill of my interest. I have passion in some freelancing jobs and I would like to engage in transcription but I am not versatile and proficient in those languages that are being sought for. I had carved out time to learn how to speak a bit of Mandarin language but I lost interest because it was a whole lot of work learning from a far distance and the money to sign up for classes is very expensive.