Worried About Losing Your Job? Key Steps To Take

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you're worried about losing your job and aren't sure what to do, there are some steps that can help you take control of the situation.

First, make sure you're ready to change careers. If you're having trouble finding another job in your field, or even if your current employer isn't hiring for those reasons, consider a move into a different industry or career path.

If you have other options and decide not to leave your current job, make sure you know exactly what it is that makes your work so valuable and then use it as a selling point when negotiating with potential employers.

Speaking of which… once you've found a new position that makes sense for your skills and interests, make sure it feels right by talking over the details with friends who are qualified in similar positions before making any decisions about accepting an offer. Try to get feedback from someone who works at the company so they can help answer questions like "Do they support diversity?" and "How much flexibility do they offer?"

Etini

Valued Contributor
I always tell people that the least of my worries is losing my job. It is because I have proven myself to be highly valuable to the organization I work for. There are people that can't lose their jobs. Instead, organizations would be begging to keep and retain them. That's because they are valuable to that organization.

The best way not to lose your job is to prove yourself to be valuable to the organization you work for. U helplessly late to my workplace but they don't deduct my salary. Others mistakenly go late just once and they are dedicated. It is because some people are more valuable than others.

You don't keep your job because the job is valuable to you. You keep your job by being valuable to the organization. If you are hard to replace, they can't even think of sacking you. Some staff are indispensable to their organizations.