Workshop for actors as a business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had an association with a group called Actor’s Workshop which conducts workshop for acting. The participants are usually newcomers to the movie and tv industry and they are willing to pay a high fee. The instructors are named actors which the organization pays an honorarium. When there are 5 participants that is the breaking point which means more than 5 participants will make a profit. Sometimes the workshop have 10 or more participants so you can imagine the profit that the group earns. The president of the group is close to me so I am privy to the financial aspects.

The idea is quite simple "Use what you have to get what you want" . From my own personal point of view , i dont see anything wrong with the money they are making, so far they are delivering whatever promises made to the workshop participants.
If i may ask did the participants ever complained about the cash they are paying to receive these acting knowledge? Did they ever complained that they are not properly trained as stated in whatever curriculum they are using?