Why you should eat fruits everyday

Kennysplash

Verified member
We all are familiar with the popular saying: "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". This applies to all fruits obviously. The importance of fruits in the body cannot be overemphasized. They have proven to be an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.

The following are some health benefits of fruits:

1. They help prevent diseases. Since fruits are high in vitamins, they boost the immune system against diseases.

2. They are rich in fiber, so they keep you fit and healthy.

3. They helps in the digestion of foods

4. Fruits helps in skin treatment such as banana, apple etc

5. Some fruits are medicinal and can help cure certain diseases.

6. They are pocket friendly!

So the next time you pass that fruit store, don't just walk by! Take good care of your health.

Last edited by a moderator:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right on this, fruits is one thing that should be taken daily if possible but in small portion because of its nutritional value to the body. The body needs some foo8 nutrients to grow at its best and the fruits had the needed nutrients that need to be taken in by humans.

The water content from fruits alone is enough to keep one satisfied for a long time to help keep one away from junks. Again fruits are really filling so it can help one lose weight. so instead of you consuming foods or snacks with high calories that will increase weight through intake high calories it will help you lose weight

Yeah another good thing is that it is pocket friendly. Some fruits are really cheap and affordable. So it you enjoy eating it you would be save tons of money because cooking food comes with spending good sum to get something nutritional and palatable.

Fruits are great for digestion too, if you need your body to avoid constipation then taking fruits will be the best bet as it will soften the bowel and make food digest properly just the way it should. The truth is that fruits offers immense benefits

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Thanks so much . According to the explanation you gave I can see that eating fruit is very good to the body and aid the body to function accordingly.
Fruit is very important because some time when one visit hospital the doctor use to say that eating fruit is good for the health of the body.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Fruits helps keep the body brand new, some fruits makes our body glow, add moisture to it. They are also medicinal in healing injuries faster, cos some of them contains proteins, and vitamins that helps heal the wound faster. Fruits like banana, apple, pinnacle etc are simply rich in vitamin. Fruits helps in the digestion of food substances by converting it into amino acids and breaking them down to smaller particles to absorb in our body system.l, and act accordingly. Even doctors advised that we should be taking much of them to look healthy than consuming much of red meats, or fatty foods that builds up cholesterol etc.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Our grade school teacher was the first one to advise us on eating fruits in season. It is cheap (when in season) and fruits are healthy especially if it has vitamin C like the orange or potassium like banana. For my breakfast I always have either orange juice or milk. That's where I get the vitamin C and also the calcium for my bones.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for the information and also the time we eat fruit also really matters because this will determine if the fruit will be effective in our body or not, it is advisable that we eat fruit at least on an empty stomach or early in the morning before taking our breakfast because this go make the fruits to be absorbed into the body easily.