Why not to Drink Water immediately after eating Fruits?

raaman

Valued Contributor
Water is very important for our body. A person can live a few days without eating anything, but he or she cannot live without drinking water. Water is necessary since it keeps our body hydrated and expels the toxins from the body.

However, Ayurveda prescribes some rules for drinking water. Sometimes it is not advisable to drink water. So, let us know when not to drink water. Do not drink water after eating fruits because fruits contain eighty to ninety percent water.

Fruits also contains all the nutrients our body needs. Apart from this, the fruits have sugar content or citric acid. That is why it is said you should not drink water for at least forty five minutes after eating fruits.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is great to know. But I still don't undestand the danger in drinking water after eating fruits. The fact that the fruits have water does not mean that it would be bad to drink water after eating them. As far as I know, there is nothing like overdose in water. Or there is, I don't know.

Kennysplash

Verified member
There was a study which states that one should wait for a few minutes before drinking water after eating. Water is very essential for the body, but I think it depends on the time and situation you take it. A few studies also shows that you should not take water right before you sleep or after fasting for the whole day.

raaman

Valued Contributor
That is great to know. But I still don't undestand the danger in drinking water after eating fruits. The fact that the fruits have water does not mean that it would be bad to drink water after eating them. As far as I know, there is nothing like overdose in water. Or there is, I don't know.
Well, as you say, there may not be any danger as such if you drink water after eating fruits. But, we may face some problems, when we do so. We may realise that only when we face the problem.. So, I feel it is better to follow the advice given by the doctors.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Water is very important in humans life and without it no body live a complete life. I have heard from Doctors that it is very good to be drinking water very well especially early in the morning. I do notice it that whenever I have drank water for long lets say 2 to 4 hours and if I now urinate my urine used to be yellow.