Why Many Qualified People Are Struggling To Get A Job?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Getting a good job is something that is not easy. I live in a place where many qualified people are always struggling to get a job that they always desire. Due to the pandemic, there were many people who lost their dream job because many big organizations let go their workers. As far as I know, even many government employees lost jobs. I know of a few exceptionally qualified people who are having a bad time with employment. There are a few people who held good positions in many big companies and now they are also unemployed.

This is leading me to think that inflation and economical crisis in many countries are affecting many people and I am also quite worried about them. The only people who are able to survive in such tough financial crisis are only those people who have made their properties and settled their businesses that are monopolistic. Some big share holders are also able to survive due to monopoly in the market and they are able to control the markets due to their influence. However, I really do not know what is wrong with the job market right now. So, why do you think many qualified people are struggling to get their dream jobs?

Good luck

Verified member
It is not easy to get job in some countries especially the African countries because of the economy that is very bad.Infact the pandemic as really affected a lot of companies and has really crashed them down that is why you will see Someone that is very sound and highly employable but no Job for them.Even the few ones that get job got it through influence of of who They know at the top or government.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree with the topic because I know of several friends who could not get a job based on their education and qualification. It may be a simple case of underemployment which means you are qualified to be a manager but the only vacant position is a clerk so you have to settle for that lower job in order to earn. My uncle who is a lawyer wanted to be a corporate lawyer but he landed only as a notary public to earn peanuts. To think that my uncle was in the top 10 for the board exams that is pathetic to see him doing registration of documents for notary. Some big companies here are retiring their veteran employees to minimize expenses. Those who have been with the company for 20 years or more have high salaries not to mention the retirement pay they would get after some year. It is not easy to understand when you are qualified but could not get a job. Just think that you are not lucky in your career.

E

eldavis

Honestly this has become a norm in my country and recent location, there are so many persons in terms of qualifications they have it, in terms of knowledge they have it, then when you talk about the skills, the skills is here but yet they do not have a job, some have even been reduced to taxi drivers or carry out labour works. These days it has become a norm that if you do not have the connection to secure a job, you would be left jobless. The corruption has eaten deep in our system

Caramelle

This situation is quite common anywhere. There are too few jobs for too many applicants or graduates. This is bound to get worse as businesses turn to more efficient ways and invest heavily in machines to achieve higher levels of profitability in their business. Students and even those new graduates should enter the job market prepared. They should be able to acquire 21st-century skills that will help them thrive in their chosen path, prepare them to take advantage of career opportunities, or be ready to start their own business and become employers themselves. Employment is what usually comes to one's mind after graduation but it is not always the best option and it is not the only solution. This mentality, along with the desire to conform to society's norms, sometimes prevents one from maximizing his or her potentials as a professional or skilled individual.​

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
One of the major problems you will find rampant in a third world country is the high level of unemployment and inflation. this is a major challenge because the leaders in such country who are elected to wheel or pilot the affairs of the economy of such country are not sincere enough with their policies and they have allowed corruption to become the other of the day. Although there are some other third world country that are working so hard to come out of poverty, and they are doing very well. While some others are busy celebrating their failures.

One of the major problems that deprives the qualified candidate from getting the available jobs is nothing but corruption, nepotism, unnecessary bureaucracy, tribalism, sectionalism. Corruption has eaten so deep into our fabrics and people do not discharge their duties with integrity rather they wait to get some kind of bribes before they discharge their duty and this brings about undue favouritism to a less qualified candidate.

Nepotism on the hand makes people to place people they feel is closer to them irrespective of their qualifications or ability to Carryout the job by so doing they deprive the qualified candidates. Same with tribalism, sectionalism and religious affiliations.