Review Why is Scam so much on Telegram, any preventive measure?

marcusfe

The place where you can find the highest number of scam on social media is telegram. In fact, if you're not very careful, after you have decided never to participate in any unverified programs announced there, you will one day be tempted to try one and eventually get scammed.
This act of insecurity has made me hate telegram like sore and I've decided never to install it on my phone. My major concern is that how can such a reputable social media abhor such an illicit act without any preventive measure?

Or better still who is to be blamed, is the lackadaisical attitude of telegram or the fault of the members. This matter requires a serious roundtable talk.
Kindly give your opinion on this.

D

Deleted member 28127

The place where you can find the highest number of scam on social media is telegram. In fact, if you're not very careful, after you have decided never to participate in any unverified programs announced there, you will one day be tempted to try one and eventually get scammed.
This act of insecurity has made me hate telegram like sore and I've decided never to install it on my phone. My major concern is that how can such a reputable social media abhor such an illicit act without any preventive measure?

Or better still who is to be blamed, is the lackadaisical attitude of telegram or the fault of the members. This matter requires a serious roundtable talk.
The most of case in scamming telegram is airdrop so if it is a PTC program so most of case it will pay. There are many of PTC programs in telegram where you get paid to visit advertisers and get pourcentage of money spent by advertiser to advertise his site or telegram app. However in case of airdrop in the distribution the telegram owner asks for miner fee so it will be scam. Few airdrop still paying like PRIZM (PZM) but in majority this is what is done by end of airdrop.

Ralphjoe

Scamming is so much on telegram because the platform is not being regulated by anybody. Telegram is a very free space where anyone can claim anything or anybody that they are not, this has made it so easy for scammers to infiltrate the application.

This is the reason why I don't patronize any avenue to earn money on telegram because I know that almost all of the avenue on the application are most likely to be scammers. I almost fell as a victim to their scam one of these days. I was promise 100% interest on my deposit with them but thank God I didn't fall for their trick.

Georgeadawara

Tellegram is a large platforms were scammers are very rapidly the reason why scammers are much on tellegram because it is a private chat grund, and it is essay to have a group an only you the admin have the access to post in the group.
For you to prevent you self from scammers is to now how and how you chart with, and don't be quick in investing with the and be aware unnecessary links.

Donkiz

Inasmuch as every platform is expected to monitor the activities of its users and also try to verify the authenticity of the claims by some of its users, it is also important to note that by some privacy regulations, they may not be able to effectively monitor these activities like they would have loved to.

Few weeks ago lots of us raised lots of dust because of whatsapp new privacy policy, which we felt was an infringement on our right to privacy, in fact lots of people threatened to uninstall the app from their phone, because they believe that it's an instant messaging app and therefore if it starts checking people chats it might lead to a case of a third party having access to your personal discussions, pictures and videos.

So I think that telegram management hands are somehow tied, but that does not mean they can't look for a way to at least minimize the rate of fraudulent activities going on the app. Also people should wise up, stop looking for all these get rich quick scams that defrauds them of their money.

IamDozzy

There is a saying that goes this "it is only greedy people that get scammed”, I might argue the validity of that statement but it is true to an extent. Telegram is a public instant messaging app and as such it would be difficult for your Telegram account or someone's telegram account to be hacked by a scammer. That aside, just try and ignore any business deal or suggestions that looks too good to be true on telegram because this is what scammers prey on the most, our greediness. Once we are able to take our greediness, we wouldn't fall easily for scammers be it on Telegram, Instagram, Facebook, Trendri.com etc.

IamDozzy

Scamming is so much on telegram because the platform is not being regulated by anybody. Telegram is a very free space where anyone can claim anything or anybody that they are not, this has made it so easy for scammers to infiltrate the application.

This is the reason why I don't patronize any avenue to earn money on telegram because I know that almost all of the avenue on the application are most likely to be scammers. I almost fell as a victim to their scam one of these days. I was promise 100% interest on my deposit with them but thank God I didn't fall for their trick.
Very true, the platform needs a bit of regulation just like the Facebook messenger app. The Facebook messenger app is heavily regulated but scammers still find a way around it. It beats me though because the intelligence this scammers display could have been channelled to something legitimate like online marketing, online investments and lot more. But I guess humans always live the easy way out.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I also think of this a lot too, what has telegram turned into. Obvious scammers are allowed to carry out their devilish activities freely without any apprehension. This is why I deleted the app from my phone. God saved me I almost fell victim, I just met myself in a group and they sent a message that I can earn 100 percent of my investment in 48 hours. At the same time I was seeing lots of people's testimonies that it is true, not knowing that it is just one person doing all the talking. I sat down and thought about it well, how will it be possible to make 100 percent in 48 hours? I made the decision of letting go the telegram app because it is a stumbling block to me.

Profwriter

Telegram has unfortunately become the hideouts of bad boys although some are in for legitimate purpose but majority have taken on fraud and fraudulent activities. One of it is bitcoin mining bots and when it's time to cash out or make withdrawal, they come out with a requirement that cannot be easily met, others even go the extra mile of asking for payment. I think telegram should do something about it by putting restrictions on earning bots before those erring boys give telegram a bad name.

greatguy1

Telegram is haven for all sort of scam you can find on the Internet. The major problem with Telegram is that even when you exit a group chat, those scammers still find a way of adding you back to the group or to another group thereby starting afresh to convince you to make money where should not make money from. This pertinent problem has not been tackled by the management of Telegram and that is why most people do not take Telegram as serious as WhatsApp. You keep blocking people and they keep adding you to different groups. It's so frustrating.

leejay

Obvious scammers are allowed to carry out their devilish activities freely without any apprehension. This is why I deleted the app from my phone. God saved me I almost fell victim, I just met myself in a group and they sent a message that I can earn 100 percent of my investment in 48 hours. At the same time I was seeing lots of people's testimonies that it is true, not knowing that it is just one person doing all the talking. I sat down and thought about it well, how will it be possible to make 100 percent in 48 hours? I made the decision of letting go the telegram app because it is a stumbling block to me.
And they are also looking for money also.