Why gut instinct is still essential in hiring

Hiring is one of the most important decisions a company will make, and it’s essential to get it right. A bad hire can be costly and time-consuming, while a good hire can be a boon to the company. So how do you make sure you’re hiring the right person?

The answer, according to many experts, is gut instinct. Gut instinct is often seen as a less-reliable tool than data or other scientific methods, but it can still be a valuable part of the decision-making process. In fact, data can often be misleading, while gut instinct can help you focus on the most important factors when making a decision.

So how do you hone your gut instinct when hiring? Here are a few tips:

1. Pay attention to your intuition

Your intuition is often a good indicator of whether or not someone is a good fit for a job. If you get a feeling that someone isn’t right for the job, trust your gut and don’t hire them.

2. Look for red flags

When you’re interviewing candidates, pay attention to any red flags that might suggest they’re not right for the job. Are they rude to the receptionist? Do they seem disinterested in the company or the position? If so, it might be a sign that they’re not a good fit.

3. Ask the right questions

When interviewing candidates, ask questions that will help you gauge their fit for the job. For example, ask about their experience with similar projects, their skills and abilities, and their goals for the future.

I totally agree with you because with the little interaction I have with people I always know when one is a troublesome person I don't need to be told I just know by interacting with you.

So yeah if I have a hiring officer I will have been able to decode easily a candidate that is right for job almost immediately. ones guts or intuition never disappoint. it just that people don't listen to theirs or they just downplay it. But the truth remains that it is always there to guide one when it comes to a good decision making.

So this csn be applied to hiring process, when once I noticed a candidate that is a bully I know it will be difficult to work with such a person since they have domineering attitude already so bullying others and being stubborn will be very easy to such a person. So best bet will be to avoid employing such a person.