Where to learn marketing for free?

Shaf

Verified member
Marketing is one of the key backbones of every single successful business venture, be it offline or online, part-time or full-time.

For someone who's new though, or someone who want to learn exactly how to do marketing or improve in the skills the person already has, finding free courses that offer you how to learn marketing can be really helpful.

Before you start though, have it in mind that a paid course by a professional would do far more than tons of free courses will. Most especially when it comes to shortening the learning curve and time and getting you results faster.

Some of the places you can learn digital marketing for free are:
1. Youtube (free)
2. Google Digital skills (free)
3. Optinmonster digital marketing course (free)
4. Coursera (both free and paid)
5. Neil Patel's site ( both free and paid)
6. Facebook groups (free)
7. Quora (free, best for answers to questions you have).

Amongst these, I prefer YouTube, because the learning is visual and videos can be saved so you can refer to them anytime.

Facebook groups are also excellent, as far as you find the right ones. Keep searching and it won't take long to find one that fits your learning style and field.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I like YouTube, but subtitles are important to understand, most of the videos lack this. Photo blogs are my favourite after YouTube subtitled videos.
Quora and Facebook groups are too personal, but better than wiki.

@Chandana , I checked that, most are paid courses, it will take time to find the free courses.

Suba

Staff member
@Shaf If you want to learn marketing for free, there are several marketing courses that you can try, besides being free you will also get a certificate after you finish studying, of course this certificate will be very useful when you are going to apply for a job in marketing. is as follows:
1. Google Digital Garage
The Google Digital Garage course is accredited by the Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe and The Open University. If you take this course, you are expected to master the basics of digital marketing, you will also learn social media, online selling, Google analytics, etc. The course consists of 26 modules with a study duration of 40 hours.
2. LinkedIn Learning
If you register for LinkedIn learning, you will learn the basic principles of digital marketing, content marketing, content ads, email marketing, etc. There are 11 lesson modules with a duration of 21 hours. So you will study about 2 hours a day for one module.
3. HubSpot Academy
At HubSpot Academy, you'll learn social media strategies for businesses. There are 40 viceos lessons and 29 quizzes with a total duration of 40 hours.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Marketing can be learnt through different ways, I'll recommend reading Seth Godins books they really teach you in depth about marketing skills and how to write that converts.

And also you can read marketing books that are released in 90's those are the quality marketing books, most of nowadays books about marketing are just click bait and they don't really teach you anything new or anything out of the Bo.

One thing about marketing is that it is always evolving, what you know and works this year might be different completely, next year.

So you have to stay up to date and be willing to change, you can also set aside some funds to try digital marketing, digital marketing is the thing now, people are not talking about print ads on newspaper, magazine or other things, everybody wants to put his business on Facebook and other famous social networks.

I hope this helps.

E

eldavis

Good points though, but looking at it from another angle, can you really learn anything for free? Be it marketing or anything in general online, you will definitely have to use data on your smart phone or laptops, to get data you need to buy it. Which means you are spending on buying data. Another aspect is the amount of time you would have to put in as well. You might have not paid to learn but you have sacrificed your time as well, which could also be seen as a kind kf payment as well.