When we respect customers, is it not required that they reciprocate the respect?

Jonaville

'Customers are always right'. 'Respect is reciprocal'. You have probably heard these sayings more times than you can count. Taking into consideration the first quote, it is very important that we show respect to our customers because they are the ones making our business thrive. But does this mean we have to accept whatever disrespectful attitude they throw at us?

This is where the second quote comes in. 'Respect is reciprocal' in the sense that if we are showing respect to our customers, they need to show us the respect we deserve too. So let us not allow anyone to trample on our pride under the umbrella of 'I am always right'. We need to clearly let them know when they've crossed their lane.

Am I speaking your mind?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
As a business man you should understand that your customers is the bedrock of your business. If you disrespect your customers because they disrespected you then your business is at stake. for the sake of your business it is important to respect your customers no matter whatever attitude they throw at you.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This question really sounds funny but every question require answer pertaining to the discussion so that we can learn together.
When you are respecting your customers there is a motive behind it either to make that customer to be patronising your business or to retain them so that they will not go some where else.

Jonaville

As a business man you should understand that your customers is the bedrock of your business. If you disrespect your customers because they disrespected you then your business is at stake. for the sake of your business it is important to respect your customers no matter whatever attitude they throw at you.
Don't take my words out of context. My first quote clearly stressed the importance of showing respect to the customers. What I'm trying to pass across is that we should not allow anyone to walk over us like doormat. Everyone deserves respect, no matter the position they find themselves in.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Customers are very important when it comes to building a business that sustain in stand the test of time. It is very important to respect them that does not mean that you should always condone their bad behaviours. It is your duty to identify toxic customers are not the one you have and get rid of them before they affect others.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Don't take my words out of context. My first quote clearly stressed the importance of showing respect to the customers. What I'm trying to pass across is that we should not allow anyone to walk over us like doormat. Everyone deserves respect, no matter the position they find themselves in.
I clearly understand what you're talking about. and what I am saying is that you should understand that your customers is very important and you should not be quick to have a quarrel with them because it can do a lot of harm to your business. But aside that, it doesn't really make sense to take nonsense from people.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If we look at it critically, we are all customers. For the fact that I am seller selling to my customer now doesn't mean I won't be buying from another person tomorrow, hereby invariably making all of us customers. But most time, customers act like kings whereas we need to respect each other as buyers and sellers.