Shares/Stock What Was Your First Stock Trading Experience Like?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Investing in the shares market could be a fascinating experience regardless of whether or not you make profits. I have never bought any shares of any kind of company in my life, but I have bought and traded in cryptocurrencies. I do not plan to buy shares of any company because I simply do not know how to trade in shares. I am not even ready to buy shares because I do not have enough capital right now. However, I am sure there are many people in here who have bought shares of different companies and they even trade in shares on daily basis. I might invest in the stock market in the future. But right now, I am focusing more on cryptocurrencies. So, I would like you to share your experience about your share trading activities. How well did it go. Did you suffer from loss? Did you gain some profits? What was the first share you bought? When did you buy your shares for the first time? Please share your experience with us.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I recently received a grant of stocks from the biggest bank in our country. To be honest, I am ignorant of stocks so I talked to a friend who is into stock trading. She said that my stocks have risen from 120 to 130 so it is already a profit. She urged me to sell even just a part of my stocks so that I can experience trading. But come to think of it, when I sell then the proceeds would go to my atm account. I do not need the money yet so I did not sell. Until now my thinking is to just keep the stocks worth $20,000 and I will only sell it when the time comes that I would need the money. That is the advantage of stocks, it is easy to sell unlike real estate that it takes a long time before you can convert the property into cash.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have not sold my stocks, I have bought stocks but never traded. Actually, I am a long-term investor looking forward to investing for at least 10 years. I have been holding shares just for 3-4 years, I will wait 6-7 more years in order to sell my shares. I plan to buy property by selling my shares. Therefore, I am waiting for my shares to skyrocket. If I had no other jobs, I would definitely try my hands on stock trading, but I have not tried stock trading because I need a trading account and license, and it cost a lot of money.

General01

We are on the same page. I am yet to start up anything on stocks.
It is largely because I have no experience or skill on that. I am currently on the quest for the necessary information and knowledge I need to acquire before I start up .
Secondly, am not into partly because I don't have enough capital capable of getting me into it.
I'm planning that in the future I would invest in it. Right after I have gained some financial stability. Although I did not intend to venture into it fulltime .
But I would definitely give it a trial after have gained the knowledge

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have never invested in a stock before but I believe stock trading is also the same as cryptocurrency in terms of volatility , because both of them are extremely volatile and any individual that is interested in to invest in any of them has to be careful to make the right decision ,if this is not done properly then the risk of losing in stock may be very high . I understand that in stock trading if you are not able to make the right decision or to be able to identify good project to invest and there may be high level of depreciation in the value of your assets .. but in terms of cryptocurrency I have invested in it for sometimes now and based on my experience it will only require proper understanding and strategy for you to be able to invest wisely . I believe the same is also applicable to stock investment ,we have to do our own personal research just to understand the type of projects we are investing on
and we shouldn't just invest just because other people are typing about the project.. people who are able to invest wisely will be able to enjoy their investment in the future just like others.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Sometimewe make some uninformed decisions all because of what others are saying concerning a particular thing they see and perceive as opportunities, or just because they heard that other people had made millions from it. But in the real context of things you will realise it is not always like the people we always saying. I have seen people even saying when you work online you will be become a millionaire. And others goes around and blow such trumpet without necessarily trying to confirm the originality of whatever those people are saying. This reminds me of the story of my brother bought some shares in AIT when they launched the t.v. station they year, he thought he would become a millionaire because people were saying, it doesnt really matter the amount you invest in it, that all that matters is that you just have to invest something in it so he went all out to acquire this stocks and up till today he has not made anything from it. As the company most times complain of making loses. All he has there has not really amounted to anything substantial. If he had used that same money to start a pure water business it would have been much more better for him.