What to do after being sacked.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
No one likes to hear being sacked. But it happens. When it happens, that should not be the end of life. In fact, it should be the beginning of the new era. That's a sign of second chance to prove our eligibility and competency again in another field or with another person's business. The following are what can be done after sacking:

Reflection: we can fall, it is normal. But after falling, we should aim at rising. Then we need to check what caused the fall in the first instance. That's what matters. We need to check the reason why we are sacked. This will prevent us from making the same mistake in the next place of work.

Updating CVs: we need to find a way of updating our CV for us to have high chance in the labour market again. We can decide to go for skills acquisition or we go for some internship. What really matters is that wensjokld not just sit in a place without updating ourselves.

Connecting with people: most jobs are gotten through people and not really based on certificate especially in the third world countries. So we need to make sure we connect with people for more opportunities.

I always write that it a waste if time and efforts to just sit around after a sack it isn't time to wallow in self pity but to work towards getting another job. Sitting idle wouldn't put food on your table so you need to get up and do the needful.

it is time to pick up yourself and restrategize to get a new job. you can start by updating your CV and adding other acquired skills that you might acquired in the course of doing the previous job. Employer are so on the previous knowledge, abilities, skills and experience gotten from a previous job, you increase all of that in the CV

Next, is to get up and distribute them offline if you cannot do it online. but if you can you should also send it to online job sites this is to be sure that you have distributed your CV as much as you can. Then forget a follow-up as you do the distribution.

Then take the next few times you have before going for a. interview to study and get yourself prepared for interviews. Get yourself acquainted with current way of answering interview questions. just review everything about your new job.

After being sacked, it's important to resist the urge to wallow in self-pity. Instead, focus on taking care of yourself and finding a new job. First, give yourself a little time to process the emotional component of your termination. Take a few days to be sad, mad, and/or glad—whatever you're feeling is valid, and that's okay. Once you've had some space to work through those emotions, though, it's time to get back to work.

Use your contacts and connections to find out if there are any jobs available at the companies where you have personal connections. Ask your friends and family members who work for companies you like if they know of any open positions or upcoming projects that might have room for an extra hand. It's also worthwhile to reach out to other people you know in your industry—even if they don't work for a company you want to work for—to see if any of them have heard about openings at companies where you'd like to work.

If neither of these approaches turns up any jobs that interest you, it's time to take your search online by looking at job boards and company websites. You can also take advantage of social media by reaching out to people in your network.

Being sacked from a job is not the end of life neither the end of your career, you still can get other jobs, or make yourself self employed by building up a business that can grow into something big someday and employ others. Being fired from your job can be a trying time, mostly when you don't have any extra source of income.

Do not give up, sit and ask yourself what the next step should be, and make efforts towards it.
After being sacked from your job if you wish to still work as an employee, make sure to submit your applications in different companies, not just one, so if one doesn't work you can get another. At a time like that, when you are jobless, you can make your skills your source of income, you can do what you are passionate about, the internet gives such good opportunities this days. You can earn even more than what you earned as a salary before you were sacked.

Jobs online do not need as much qualifications as your job might have asked of you, all you need to know is the right platforms to make money online and how to go about it.

No one likes to hear being sacked. But it happens. When it happens, that should not be the end of life. In fact, it should be the beginning of the new era. That's a sign of second chance to prove our eligibility and competency again in another field or with another person's business. The following are what can be done after sacking:

Use your contacts and connections to find out if there are any jobs available at the companies where you have personal connections. Ask your friends and family members who work for companies you like if they know of any open positions or upcoming projects that might have room for an extra hand. It's also worthwhile to reach out to other people you know in your industry—even if they don't work for a company you want to work for—to see if any of them have heard about openings at companies where you'd like to work.

If neither of these approaches turns up any jobs that interest you, it's time to take your search online by looking at job boards and company websites. You can also take advantage of social media by reaching out to people in your network

Try to look for any online business to do or even any other business or work doing don't sit at home doing nothing....

that's why you need to be saving when you are working,it is because of something like this that why we need to be saving... example now you are a salary earner you use to save 10%of your income any Time this kind of thing happened you already have a saving you can use it to start up a business with it and even become your own boss ....

So I will advise you that when you got sack from work don't give up easily try to look for something doing or strat a business of your own.......

Even though we are sad and emotional and may cry because of being sacked, first we need to control our emotions and not panic or emotions, find out about the salary and severance pay that may be obtained, tidy up personal belongings, return office belongings that we borrow, Say goodbye to colleagues, Ask for letters of recommendation and work experience, Prepare to look for a new job.

If you have been sacked from your job, the first thing to do is to take a break. It is important that you don't make any decisions in haste. You should also not feel guilty about being sacked.

The second thing is to start thinking about what you want to do with your future. This can be as simple as deciding on what type of job or career path you want to pursue or it could mean figuring out where you want to live and what kind of life you want.

Some people might think that they will never find another job or they will never find a better job, but this isn't the case at all. There are many reasons why someone might get sacked, and there are many ways that someone could bounce back from a situation like this.

When I lost my job due to the Coronavirus pandemic, I waited for the employer to reinstate me after the end of the lockdown. But I was not called back to work. Since the coronavirus was still going strong and companies were not hiring new workers, instead they were cutting their workforce, I did not look for work opportunities offline. Therefore, I started looking for jobs online. I had signed up with upwork when I still had a job but never took interest in applying to jobs as I was occupied with my job. However, when I did not have my job, I started looking for work opportunities on upwork. It took me a while to get my first job. I even had to cut my rate by 50 percent to get my first job on upwork. However, when I received 5 start rating, I had a better success rate and I gradually increased my working rate. I did not always have task. Therefore, whenever I did not hve any work to do, I started looking for other opportunities, that's how I started building my blog, and working on earning sites. If you lose your job, you should start looking for jobs online.