Things to do avoid being sacked at our workplace.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Sacking most time is the last resort for most employers. They don't want to sack but they are not left with no option. There are most time that the issue of sacking cannot be wholly blamed on the employer. Most time, the employee too has some fault. These are some ways by which we can avoid the issue of being sacked.

Being effective: no employer will tolerate employee that's not effective. Most time, some employees are redundant. They don't perform their tasks to the required expectations. Sometimes, it may be because they are not qualified and competent to handle the job or most time they are tired of the job.

Breaking laws: there is no organization that will not have some codes of conduct to be followed. These codes of conduct are there for the effectiveness and efficiency of the job and the organization at large. Some employees are however flagrantly law breakers. There may be one day when the employer will not condone the act and left with no option than to sack.

Not listen to question: everybody is fallible. We are bound to make mistake as we do our tasks. The next thing to do as employee is to take to the correction. If not it may attract being sacked.

Bard Racheal

Before being employed to a company or a business place, you must know what it is to be an employee.
You are going to work under someone.

You are to try to put all your best to atleast satisfy your employee and his or her (your) clients.

In firms like that, it depends on the kind of role you play as an employee,that those clients will love to stay or see reasons to opt out of their business with your employer's firm.

You should be able to put up good and applaudable attributes so as to gain promotion, instead of being sacked.

I got "sacked" is not suppose to be heard from you.
Because, if you happens to be sacked, you may want to go out seeking other places to perch.

You may want to work some where else.
And of a surety, you must be interviewed before you are been allowed to take the next job.
And your employer to-be will like to ask you some questions pertaining to your former place of work.
Then if your response is "I got sacked" it won't go down well with your employer to-be.
He or she will feel, maybe you weren't serious with the job you were assigned to, "so, please leave"

There and then, you've lost it!

Suba

Staff member
Termination of employment or being sacked can occur due to two factors, first from the financial situation of the company that is going bankrupt and the second from ourselves (employees). No matter how good our performance is if from company factors we can't do much, but to avoid being sacked (fired) from ourselves, of course first we don't violate work rules, or violate state laws, commit fraud in financial transactions, show work loyalty, enthusiasm and improve skills. Diligent work, punctual, do not like to talk bad about coworkers and superiors, polite and friendly to everyone including customers.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are a few things you can do to reduce the likelihood that you'll be fired.

The first is to make sure you're showing up. Not only should you show up on time and stay until your scheduled end, but you should also make sure to show up mentally and prepared for work. If you've been distracted or haven't completed required training, for example, it's likely that some of your mistakes will be attributed to your lack of preparedness.

The second thing you can do is to keep a positive attitude. We don't mean that you need to walk around with a fake smile on your face all day, but it does help if you have an upbeat disposition and are friendly and professional with coworkers at all times. No one likes negative nancies—you may think that being cynical is a good way to win friends and influence people, but it doesn't work out that way in practice.

Finally, be sure to keep in touch with your supervisors and ask for feedback regularly. That way, if there are problems that could lead to termination, you'll know about them before they get out of hand.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
In as much as I don't like the idea of employers sacking employees but some people deserve to be sacked, the truth is that some people don't know how to conduct themselves in the job place so they need to be sent home to learn manners. some people come to the work place with toxicity, bad vibes and unruly behavior. I'm referring to grown men and women that should lead the young oned but they are the ones exhibiting behavoirs that shouldn't be tolerated. So if one want to be retained and not sacked from work the following should be observed.

Be punctual to work: No employer will want to tolerate any late coming to work because productive time would have been wasted . so to avoid being sacked try to be punctual to work.

Keep to rules: A place without order will soon become a mad house. rules are put in place to maintain decorum. So if you can't obey rules in a place of work you would be sacked as no one will want to accommodate such a person

Avoid Stealing in the company: This is a behavior that no employer will condone you steal you get sacked immediately. You become a total risk to the place of work.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Being fired for sure is so common in a workplace. Which is something that can make you look so incompetent in your future work prospects. Most firing is because the employee is doing something wrong in a workplace. So you should be clear on what rules are there so you don't get into trouble. Here are some common things to do;

1. Show up to work on time - punctuality is a strict rule in most companies. If you come late for consecutive times, you end up pissing off your Manager or employer and you can get fired. Especially if you don't have a genuine reason for this.
  2. Don't show up to work unkempt and drunk - believe me this is something that some people do and it clearly leaves them in trouble. So you should keep your work days professional, no drinking too much when you are supposed to be at work
  3. Build a great relationship with your coworkers. You know fighting with them or always being on their neck could lead you to getting fired. This is because they will report you as violent and that is intolerable.
  4. Take warnings seriously - some companies are fair enough to give several warnings before they completely fire you. So learn to take these warnings seriously. Otherwise, you will get fired.

Oluwasegun purpose

There there are many things we need to avoid from being sack from your working place...

1 late coming. No one we like his employee to be coming late to work it is not a joy of every boss is seeing his worker coming late to work coming late to work is a very bad habit.

2 being and hard-working.. how can you be lazy and go out to seek for job and can do the job properly
there is a saying no food for a lazy man . How can you not be hardworking and expect your boss to be playing you or you expect him not to get you sacked from work no boss you like his or her business to go down ....

Additionally I will advise you if you don't want to be Got sack from work try to do things that will make your boss to be proud of you and try to avoid things that will make your boss got angry with you try to be neat try to avoid late coming try to avoid laziness and try to be serious with your work because nobody will pray for his business to go down if you are doing all these things I bet you you can never got sacked from work ...

Mika

VIP Contributor
In 2020, during the height of the Coronavirus pandemic, I was removed from my job. I was not sacked for incompetience, I was not sacked for doing anything wrong in the workplace, I was not sacked for efficiency, I was not sacked for harming the company, instead, I was removed from the job because the company had to shut down due to lockdowns. When I was removed from the job, they did not actually tell me that I was removed, they said they do not have enough works to provide working opportunities to all staff members but once they acquire tasks they will allow me to work from home. When the lockdown ended, they did not call me to rejoin the company because the company relied on foreign companies for work, and there were no contracts due to coronavirus still going strong. Coronavirus was of course a bad time and a lot of people lost their jobs. However, if you want to avoid being sacked at your workplace, you need to do a couple of things like always maintaining the deadline, always being punctual at the workplace, never offending co-workers or boss in any way, and never involving with affairs in the workplace, etc.

King bell

VIP Contributor
No one wants to get fired from their job. But unfortunately, sometimes it can happen. If you find yourself in a situation where you're at risk of being let go, there are some things you can do to try to avoid it.

One of the most important things you can do is to stay productive and focused at work. If your boss sees that you're slacking off or not doing your job well, they may be more likely to let you go. So keep up the good work and try to stand out as a top performer.

Another thing you can do is to be a team player. If you're always working collaboratively and helping out your co-workers, your boss will be more likely to see you as an asset to the company.

Finally, make sure you're always professional. If you're constantly getting into arguments with your boss or co-workers, or if you're not behaving appropriately at work, your employer may decide to let you go. So always try to keep your cool and be respectful of others.

following these tips can help you avoid being fired from your job. But if you do find yourself in that situation, don't despair. There are plenty of other companies out there that would love to have you as an employee.

allison001

Verified member
Those are essential rules for people and it will definitely help those that are interested to work for a long time in most business organisation or company.
I believe all this attitude that has been mentioned above can only be executed perfectly when the employee is really passionate about the area of his or her work or responsibilities .

This is just one of the reason why it is always advisable for people to choose work sometimes based on their area of interest because you can do it perfectly without any problem since it is something you enjoy doing.

But a situation in which you are doing things just because you are able to earn money from it, sometimes you may see those activities and responsibilities as a boring which might even increase your risk of being sack in a business organisation . The most important thing is your honesty , this is very important even when so many people will not think so.

Richee84

When we get a job then we must do everything possible to keep the job as there are no job out there. In order to gain the heart of your employees then you must be prove to them that you are diligent in what you are doing. Your must take your work very serious and make sure to be punctual at all time or have a tangible reason for been absent. Worker who don't want to be sack must always keep to the rules and regulations of the place where he or she work. Every organizations or companies do have their rules or regulations which otherwise know as business ethics, all workers must learn to work under the company rules and regulations and must keep them without breaking the rules and regulations of the company where they work. There is always a penalty for any worker who breaks those rules and at times it might cause them their work.
Another way a worker can save himself or herself from been sack is by placing himself or herself as a goal better for the company. When a worker has been able to proved his or her ability as an asset to the company where he or she work it will be very difficult to sack such person.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
In other to avoid becoming terminated off your contract as an employee in a particular business organisation it is best to be of good behaviour and of good attitude when carrying out your day-to-day business organisational responsibilities and duties pertaining to the business success and prosperity. It is pretty obvious that one of the reasons why organisational employees get terminated or get sacked is because they behave abnormally and illicitly far from how a particular business organisational employee should behave.

As an employee it is expected for you to be productive and also to ask necessary questions on task and duties in which you do not understand so that you do not unexpectedly put the business organisation in some sort of errors and mistake one which may be somehow irreparable and may cost the business organisation a whole lot of negativity and repercussions. Last of all you must respect the head of the business organisation, that is your boss or manager.