What Line Of Business Is Best For A Student With No Support?

Kendy

Verified member
The state of the economy is so appalling and there are many students who are self-sponsored with no support or scholarship. In Nigeria, there are so many students who are without support. The stress of combining both the academic activities and the job at times is a hard nut to crack. I am self-sponsored and I combine some menial jobs to help pay my fees and foot my other bills. I have taken up teaching jobs and it do collide with my academic activities which made me quit.

I have seen students who combine their schooling with different jobs like; catering, selling of thrift wears, selling of phone accessories, selling of recharge vouchers, selling of phone scraps, working as janitors, home tutoring, tailoring, hairdressing, makeup, working on shifts in supermarkets, selling of barbecue, selling of fruits, selling of umbrellas, cooking to sell around campuses, running a barbing saloon and when speaking of online jobs, a lot of students are into; working on freelancing sites, dropshipping, affiliate marketing, content creation, skits making, uploading of videos on their YouTube channels, cryptocurrencies and Forex trading are all engagements by students. Some of these businesses can either be managed simultaneously without colliding with their academic activities. What other business is best for self-sponsored students?

It depends on many things for each individual. A few things to keep in mind are;
1. The environment and what one can do to make money there. Some schools allow business to be done on campus by students, some don't.

2. The skills the person has before or one that you plan to learn that can be monetized. Someone with web design skills can find work easier than someone without those skills, for example.

3. The time the student has. This is very important because some business ideas require time that some courses won't permit you. Some can be done on your leisure time, like photography.

I would say that in general, ant business that can be done online would definitely be easier for students. One then has to do proper research to end up with the best choice.

For a student with no support, there are many businesses which can be undertaken but adjusted amicably with his or her academic activities. I am still a student trying to run a program and my janitorial services do conflict with my academic activities. I recall when I was called for a contract that would have lasted for about four days and coincidentally, my examination conflicted with those days. I wish there was something I could do and then, I operated alone without a partner, so I found it hard to send someone else to do the job, I decided to let go of the contract but it was so depressing because that contract would be enough to pay part of my tuition fees.

There are businesses that could be operated by students but it should be minimal so it does not impede or clash with their academic success because the aim of working is to finance the school fees and therefore, the grades should not suffer decline. As a student engaging in; POS business, selling of beauty accessories like; makeup tools and kits, earring and other related items would be profitable and selling of pastries like; meat pie, doughnuts, spring rolls, short cake and bread is all lucrative and a minimal risk to combine alongside schooling.