What Kind Of Healthy Food Is Your Favorite One?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We are all humans and we all need food to survive and live. We all know that we cannot live without food. This is why food is very important for all of us. However, we all must know that we all need to eat healthy food in order to live a healthy life. Many people believe that whatever feels good in taste is unhealthy. While this is true to some extent, it might not be truce in all the cases. For example, candies, chocolates, cakes, soft drinks and all other kinds of "tasty" items entice us. Some other fast food items such as pizzas and burgers might also taste great, but in reality they are harmful for us.

However, this is not the case when it comes to all the foods. Certain kinds of foods might be great in taste, but they are healthy for us. For example, fruits taste really greater and they are also great for our health. The same goes for vegetables. I like many vegetables such as onions, olives, spinach, peas, potatoes, etc. I like mixed vegetable curry a lot and I can eat that healthy curry daily. So what kind of healthy foods do you lime to eat?

Ganibade

Verified member
We have many healthy foods that are beneficial for the body's systems to have good health. It depends on the foods that are compatible with the body system and the balance of nutrients present in the food. Some people may like a particular food, and it may contain many diets, but it will not be compatible with their body system. They may start to eat the food and start to purge, which may cause stomach pains. I can see somebody that likes rice too much. At the end of the day, he has diabetes as a result of excess sugar that combined with the help of that rice. It is very advisable to select healthy foods that contain good diets that work perfectly with your body system to live a healthy life.

Last edited:

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I love broccoli and cauliflower so I tried to invent a dish for those vegetables. I call it American Chopsuey a takeoff from the Chinese vegetable dish. The ingredients aside from broccoli and cauliflower are garlic and onion for the saute plus meat which can be chicken or pork or both. I always mix the chicken and pork to have a variety of taste. When the meat is boiled it is time to prepare the saute. The meat should be sliced in bite size so it will mingle well with the vegetables. Saute the meat. You can add salt if you want and also margarine with little cooking oil. Fry the meat for 10 minutes or until it looked cooked.

Slice the vegetables well and remove the portion that we do not eat. In the saute add the stock of the meat and let it boil for a minute before adding the vegetables. Cooking time is just 2 minutes or until the softness of the vegetables that you like is reached. It is best to be eaten with rice.

Shaf

Verified member
I love soups, especially when the weather is cold. A well prepared soup can give a balanced diet and a lot of nutrients. It's also very tasty and doesn't rely require any expert cooking skills to make and taste great.

One of my favorite is the vegetable soup we have in Nigeria. It's basically a mix of leafy greens, some meat of your choice and maybe yam or potatoes to provide carbohydrates.

It's prepared like any normal soup, where you cook meat after spicing it, then adding the yam or potatoes, spices and cooking till soft. The leafy greens go in last and I mostly just turn off the heat immediately I add them. The heat in the soup makes them soft but still chewy.

Serve this with a glass of milk or yoghurt.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I started dieting recently and what I currently eat is protein and vegetables and some fats.

I cut off carbohydrate because it is one of the culprits disguising as a class of food with a lot of sugar and starch content.

I prefer vegetable and egg sauce or lettuce and a stew, I know it sound crazy but it's really tasty, I also like moringa leaves and boiled eggs.

I also like fruits, like oranges and watermelons, they help in restoring my taste after binge eating vegetable., the dieting industry is crazy with a lot of new information popping out every now and then sticking to it is also hard.

So the best thing is just to do what you think is the best for you and educate yourself on the food you eat and it's content.

But as you said fast food and sugary foods have taken over and they're very tempting, that's why we have many people with protruding bellies around, which makes one look ugly and unhealthy.

Staying In shape takes a great deal of discipline and it brings discomfort but the end results is good health and also good shape which is a self confidence booster

E

eldavis

One of my favorites healthy food is vegetables. There was a time where I didn't really like vegetables but along the line I fell in love with it. I can practically eat vegetables with anything ranging from rice, yam, potatoes and even swallows. Another healthy food I love taking, though not really food, it's fruits. I love taking fruits, especially oranges.

Ganibade

Verified member
It is good to always eat healthy food all the time. Try to eat a balanced diet and eat a lot of fruit. This will help your body to regain lost essential vitamins and minerals.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
I definitely can't emphasize enough vegetables has been my best favourite food since when I was little . I will jokingly blame it on my mother because she always give me vegetables to eat since when I was little . Vegetables is a very important feature that should be part of our food and meals we eat everyday . doctors and health analysts have encouraged their patients who are suffering from various health issues like diabetes , mental disorder , low blood pressure , and stroke etc . to eat vegetables because it helps boost their potential to live more longer .

Our our glowing skin , our brighten eyes , our blood filled finger and toe nails , and also our strong and thicken hairs . I made possible and affected as a result of the amount of vegetables we consume . Vegetables like garden egg is very essential for building bright eyes and for alleviating diabetes . On the other hand vegetables like carrots is good for the eye and other eye related issues like itching eyes , and eye redness etc . vegetables to be eaten in various numbers of ways it could be frozen , boiled , cooked , grinded and sliced . Whatever way we choose to consume vegetables doesn't matter , the main issue that matter is to consume enough of it .