What is profitable to sell, products or services?

Mika

VIP Contributor
As a business you can either sell products or services. Between selling services and products what can be profitable? Well, both can be profitable as long as you are promoting through right strategy and as long as you are selling the products or services that are in demand in the market. However, when you are selling products it can cost you a lot of money because you need to spend a lot of money to manufacture products. If you are not manufacturing your own products, you will have to acquire products to resell. Products also need to be manufactured again and again

Etini

Valued Contributor
I think it depends entirely on the demand, how the business is being carried out and the management of the business. As for me, I don't think I can do anything that is not products related because I always want my due diligence to be deployed to create quality products. I would say that a well established service business is cheaper to run than a production business as expenses are much lesser there. Both products and services as businesses are very profitable.

ceekaay

It's always a toss-up between selling products and services, isn't it? Both can rake in the dough if you play your cards right. Selling services is cool because you dodge the whole manufacturing headache, but then again, products have their own charm. Yeah, they might require some upfront investment and logistical juggling, but hitting it big with a killer product can be seriously rewarding. It's all about finding your groove and hustling with the right game plan.

Mikes smithen

Verified member
It's obviously depends on what exactly you have to offer and how particularly will your targeted audience be interested on what you have to offer. Decided whether to sell products or to render services can be a daunting task for activity which requires a whole lot of planning analyzation and examination of the various environments that you find yourself in in terms of needs and wants or services that customers and clients would want to patronize or buy. Finding a good decision or making a good choice depends on the results of your analyzation. To have you properly analyze this you can ask good questions to individuals in that environment and possibly rate their answers.

Leah Kelvin

Business marketer profitability hinges on things like specialization, customer interests, rates of commission and competition. Convincing about services is hard since they have higher profit margins but various commission structures. In conclusion, it is clear that the success of mixing products and services depends on marketing them correctly to targeted population.