What is Business Automation? Why You Need Automation in Your Business?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to promote your business on twitter, what do you do, log into twitter every 4-5 hours and share your products or links? Or use the schedule feature? If you are using the schedule feature, you are automating Twitter promotion.

Let say, you want to promote your product on multiple social sites, do you log into every site and then share your product or use a product that allows you to share on multiple platforms with few clicks? You might be interested in the second option.

This is nothing but business automation.

Business automation means using tools, apps and software for your business management, business promotion, sales and support. By integrating software, tools and apps in your business, you will be handling certain things for Artificial Intelligence so that you can run your business with a small human team.

That can said, running your business using a bot software that will help set it at autopilot, advertise it without much work from the human intelligent (HI). Many softwares who serve as that are created, even sold. Those who are into website design/software development knows about the clone app/bot software that helps control your product advertisements when aren't around.

There are so many things about your business that can be on automation using artificial intelligence. For example if someone's download your free eBook in your website you can automate a sales funnel that would deliver a set of emails to their inbox. When someone who's who orders a product from your online store automation can help to process the order.

I was a computer programmer in the days of the mainframe. That's where I saw the benefit of computers. The long list of employees during payday is a big task for the HR employees. They have to compute manually the salaries of each of the 2,000 employees. That usually takes 2 to 3 days for the 2 staff to work on the payroll. With a computer program the task is finished in just 5 minutes that includes the printing of the payroll register.

I do social media marketing. Even though I know how to use photoshop, I use canva to design templates. It is easier to design using canva compared to photoshop. When you are doing business, you need to think about how to ease your work, and use methods that can be done in less time.