What has helped you to come out on top after experiencing failures??

Divinechidera

My parents and most especially, GOD. I remember when I applied for p. Utme in a federal University,I applied for an engineering course but when I checked the p. Utme slip, I saw agricultural economy (or something like that). I was devastated,I almost got depressed man!! My parents encouraged me with their words and prayers. Also, my teacher (God bless him) worked doggedly to correct the issue.
In all, GOD is my backbone

Cryptoon

I know how it feels when you succumb to losses during your business endeavour. I have experienced lots of discouragement when i started my offline business earlier. Some friends doubted my business that it will break down half way, cos i wasn't making profit back then. It happened cos I was just starting newly, things never balanced. I lost some cash during the gradual integration of the Business. But that didn't make me stop half way just as my friends wished. I was very determined, with vision that will achieve business success, that helped me to shrug off early doubt and failures. Its been 2 years now, I'm still going strong on my business. Still hoping to exploit new height by expanding my offline business to a bigger one and even introduce it online.

What business strategies helped you to cope and move your business initiative forward, when you experienced losses??
I'm sorry to learn about how you started out your business journey @sincerem. But I'm also glad that after two years of hard work, you're still moving strong. For the readers' benefit, which type of offline job are you doing? Maybe it could also help one of us just like you.

Also post on the "dos" and "don't" of such a project. As for your doubting friends, they ought to be regretting not having joined you. I've personally had bad karma when it comes to online businesses. One such example was in the year 2015 when I was conned of my $50 with the promise of working online by a fake Indian online site. Anyway thanks be to God you picked up.

Ralphjoe

Well what really help me to overcome several failures in my life are the wonderful friends that I have, they encouraged me when I was down in several failures, in my struggles they push me hard to achieve great success, to them I owe my little successes in life so far, it has been a tremendous impact in my life coming from the circle of friends that I have.

Then other things that helped me to rise again after my failure was that I motivated myself, even in failure, I assured myself that this is a temporary situation, that it will pass. This was chief among the reason why I was able to try again despite my many failures in the past.

singlej007

It has not been easy staying strong. I experienced a lot of looses during my online and offline business. I hard a small business that was picking up gradually month by month, but a friend of mine advice I should add an online business to it to enable me has more than one stream of income, I decided to subscribe to his advice, and I did some findings of which business I should invest my money into. I came across a lots of business online and I decided to ask that my friend which of the online business he is into, he told me forex, and I decided to learn and start trading... He thought me forex, but he said he stop trading this few months because he has no capital... I learnt, and decided to fund my account, I traded and lost all my money, I imputed more money and I lost it, it was not easy for me any longer both offline and online.. What kept me moving was faith, I don't give up in my offline business untill I start building my offline business afresh.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It has not been easy staying strong. I experienced a lot of looses during my online and offline business. I hard a small business that was picking up gradually month by month, but a friend of mine advice I should add an online business to it to enable me has more than one stream of income, I decided to subscribe to his advice, and I did some findings of which business I should invest my money into. I came across a lots of business online and I decided to ask that my friend which of the online business he is into, he told me forex, and I decided to learn and start trading... He thought me forex, but he said he stop trading this few months because he has no capital... I learnt, and decided to fund my account, I traded and lost all my money, I imputed more money and I lost it, it was not easy for me any longer both offline and online.. What kept me moving was faith, I don't give up in my offline business untill I start building my offline business afresh.
Hmm, your experience is touching. I faced same experience earlier, and it was with Cryptocurrency trading. I lost whopping $100 from it cos i got no experience at all through it. It made me stopped at first time try, trying to focus my mind on learning what it takes to be a successful Cryptocurrency trader. I don't just want to rush things with trading cos i know how sucking it is. Now i will urge you to focus mainly on your offline business and learn more about forex trading. Maybe the time you learnt it, you didn't follow the right rules. Didn't your gaffer teach you how to use stop loss to leverage your losses and the minimum to fund your account with?? When trading you should consider all this things and fund your account with minimum of $1k in order to make profit as an expert trader. Why it is important to start with $1k, so when you lose plenty, just once you become successful with trading you will recoup all you spent. Cos you'll be using the expected stop loss and subscribed to signal to help you, when it is right to trade.

Destiny Nayaba

I know how it feels when you succumb to losses during your business endeavour. I have experienced lots of discouragement when i started my offline business earlier. Some friends doubted my business that it will break down half way, cos i wasn't making profit back then. It happened cos I was just starting newly, things never balanced. I lost some cash during the gradual integration of the Business. But that didn't make me stop half way just as my friends wished. I was very determined, with vision that will achieve business success, that helped me to shrug off early doubt and failures. Its been 2 years now, I'm still going strong on my business. Still hoping to exploit new height by expanding my offline business to a bigger one and even introduce it online.

What business strategies helped you to cope and move your business initiative forward, when you experienced losses??
Trying and failing helps us gather knowledge for future success. The beauty of trying is it gives you knowledge to know how to do it next time. Everything that takes time becomes the most valuable at the end.

Sammy01

So many things have made me successful today and am proud of that one of them are human beings especially your close friends. They always claim they are there for you whenever you have problems but when the problems come they pretend that they don't know you. That motivated me to be what I am today.

sincerem

VIP Contributor

marcusfe

What makes a man is not really gender but ability to rise up again when you fall. You don't have to accept it as your fate when you lose in a particular pursuit of live. Consistency and self encouragement are very important. If you're fire at a particular organization or your business collapse that's not the end of the world, you can still rise up again and become the best and the talk of the town only don't give up. There is room for everyone at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josemendez

Verified member
I have been able to learn that failures are lessons ,and this has helped me alot to overcome the shame and lack of self confidence that comes with failure.
What makes us successful is not our inability to fall ,bit the ability to rise and move on after each fall.
So whenever I want to lose hope because I have fallen , I will remember the reason why I have started , where I aim to reach ,and these things help me to dust myself up and continue moving on .
Life is never a bed of roses and if we fail to work towards establishing a good life for ourselves amdist the challenges , then we may lose out in the end

Olajidey

Failure is one of the challenges that someone face as we progress in life but the way will handle it matters a lot, it can be very hard for someone who doesn't have who to share the burden of thought with whereby the person will see it as the end and some of us that we are privileged to have people around us that can encourage us we will now realise that a failure is not the end it means you have to retry like an adage say"if you are fall by a horse you will have to reclimb"

D

Deleted member 27583

What I see about your own situation back then,was that you have a backup then to sponsor you in your business ,unlike me no one to help me out in anything am doing and i can't blame my parents of anything..
The reason y I said that was that am the lastborn of three children,so you could imagine how old they are lol ,I don't tell you that my age tho much more mature now...
So I really can't blame them for anything like I said before all because they were of before they started giving birth.. So that'd why it all happened like that,they have no more power to work and to sponsor their kids..
So you see where am coming from,that's why I could not continue mine business when I start then...
I have to stop and start to work under a company all because I don't want my family to sleep hungry...
So you must always count your self lucky for having people as your back bone who could support you...

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
What really helped me to come or over come my failure is persistency in what I was doing that is I do not allow anything to discouraged me.
There is one thing that a winner does which is,they don't quit. And there is a saying that a winners never quit. So therefore if really you want to over come then you need to be endure in whatever situation you meet your self.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
What I see about your own situation back then,was that you have a backup then to sponsor you in your business ,unlike me no one to help me out in anything am doing and i can't blame my parents of anything..
The reason y I said that was that am the lastborn of three children,so you could imagine how old they are lol ,I don't tell you that my age tho much more mature now...
So I really can't blame them for anything like I said before all because they were of before they started giving birth.. So that'd why it all happened like that,they have no more power to work and to sponsor their kids..
So you see where am coming from,that's why I could not continue mine business when I start then...
I have to stop and start to work under a company all because I don't want my family to sleep hungry...
So you must always count your self lucky for having people as your back bone who could support you...
Your story is an emotional one, so touching. Without a back up sponsor sometimes in your business career, it is hard to stand up when you fail drastically. Your sponsor(s) raise some money when you are marred with financial degradation, to assist you and raise your business higher and up and running again. When my business suffered little financial bankruptcy my parents helped with some valuable finance to stand my business. I'm also a last born, we are seven in numbers, we are all grown ups, and it happens that I'm the only one taking care of my parents as the last born. The rest are at their respective homes with their families, they check on once in a while. As you you are working in your new job, put hard work to save up money so you can start your own business again. Cos starting your own business is the best option to succeed in life were no man will axe you from work, already you are the boss.

Last edited:

Nii41

Having it at the back of your mind that everything happens for a reason will help you get over it. As they say every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. It is not easy getting over failure, instead of beating yourself up, simply learn from your mistakes because that is what will make you stronger and prevent you from making future mistakes. It is also good to seek advice from other people so you can avoid mistakes that would cost you. The most important thing is to just learn from your mistakes. Remember nobody is perfect and no one is above mistakes.