What has helped you to come out on top after experiencing failures??

Profwriter

I know how it feels when you succumb to losses during your business endeavour. I have experienced lots of discouragement when i started my offline business earlier. Some friends doubted my business that it will break down half way, cos i wasn't making profit back then. It happened cos I was just starting newly, things never balanced. I lost some cash during the gradual integration of the Business. But that didn't make me stop half way just as my friends wished. I was very determined, with vision that will achieve business success, that helped me to shrug off early doubt and failures. Its been 2 years now, I'm still going strong on my business. Still hoping to exploit new height by expanding my offline business to a bigger one and even introduce it online.

What business strategies helped you to cope and move your business initiative forward, when you experienced losses??
Failiure has a way of refuelling my passion, Ithe make me to become ever determined to climb the mountains and defeat the giant that is standing on my way. I have been looking for sites like this but my loosing money to InsMe this year jacked me up and keeps me searching for genuine sites that pays.

To everyone who has suffered defeat and disappointments, you can turn your pain to power, don't cry over your loss but let that pain drive you to succeed.

Each time you remember, let it fire you up to succeed.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Having it at the back of your mind that everything happens for a reason will help you get over it. As they say every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. It is not easy getting over failure, instead of beating yourself up, simply learn from your mistakes because that is what will make you stronger and prevent you from making future mistakes. It is also good to seek advice from other people so you can avoid mistakes that would cost you. The most important thing is to just learn from your mistakes. Remember nobody is perfect and no one is above mistakes.
Sure bro, no one is perfect, we are just working to near perfection, but still not possible. The best thing we can do to avoid more mistakes happening, is learning through our previous mistakes and improving on them. Ability not to improve on them will cost us losing out on our respective business. I have learned many things through my previous business failures which have helped my business grow up to this day, with out such mistakes around my early business start up, i wouldn't have known how to apply another strategy to drive profit in my business. Experience is part of the business, when one fails, he learns and become experienced through such scenario.
What really helped me to come or over come my failure is persistency in what I was doing that is I do not allow anything to discouraged me.
There is one thing that a winner does which is,they don't quit. And there is a saying that a winners never quit. So therefore if really you want to over come then you need to be endure in whatever situation you meet your self.
Yeah, winners don't quit, and also quitters don't actualize winnings. Only those that is hard working so determined to carry on turns winners at the end. But those very unwilling to carry on, after experiencing series of losses and decided to stop, no matter what, are labelled quitters. And as such cannot succeed which such mentality of he or she in any business initiative. For one to be successful, he or she needs to find a better strategic plans and Forster the business to achieve success irrespective of the challenges that might befall on them. Ability to stand firm, steadfast makes you different from those that quitted without continuity.

D

Deleted member 28873

Well, you just try again, and again, and again until you
succeed.
You don’t believe me! You should as all the most
successful people I know have had countless amounts of
failures. Failure is a learning curve that teaches you a
lesson and how to do things in a better way the next time
around.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't
work. " - Thomas A. Edison
Did you fail 10,000 times? Mr. Edison did.
Did he give up? No sir.
And thank God he didn’t because it is the reason we have
have electricity today.I think persistence is the word

Segshowee

I know how it feels when you succumb to losses during your business endeavour. I have experienced lots of discouragement when i started my offline business earlier. Some friends doubted my business that it will break down half way, cos i wasn't making profit back then. It happened cos I was just starting newly, things never balanced. I lost some cash during the gradual integration of the Business. But that didn't make me stop half way just as my friends wished. I was very determined, with vision that will achieve business success, that helped me to shrug off early doubt and failures. Its been 2 years now, I'm still going strong on my business. Still hoping to exploit new height by expanding my offline business to a bigger one and even introduce it online.

What business strategies helped you to cope and move your business initiative forward, when you experienced losses??
Fail is an integral part of life. It's an inevitable life coach on the path of success. I don't view failure as a downfall but a test of life you must pass through in your sojourn in life.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well, you just try again, and again, and again until you
succeed.
You don’t believe me! You should as all the most
successful people I know have had countless amounts of
failures. Failure is a learning curve that teaches you a
lesson and how to do things in a better way the next time
around.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't
work. " - Thomas A. Edison
Did you fail 10,000 times? Mr. Edison did.
Did he give up? No sir.
And thank God he didn’t because it is the reason we have
have electricity today.I think persistence is the word
Well articulated information, I'm very pleased with your tremendous words of encouragement and motivation. Those legends that made legacy through the works of their own hands, leaves a lasting legacy that can never erase on the earth scene till end of time. Those that discovered electricity, Faraday and the rest, never rested after countless failures. They persistently worked so hard no matter their early failures to achieve success in inventing electricity in the world scene. And today we are enjoying it, same experience i have learned from, and persistently working to achieve my own goals no matter the failures.

cmoneyspinner

If I experienced a failure, I always reexamined everything that I did.
  • What made me decide to do it?
  • What did I hope to accomplish by doing it?
  • Was there anything that interfered with me achieving my goals?
  • If there was an obstacle can that obstacle be removed so that I can try again?
  • Since I did not accomplish what I set out to do, since I did not succeed, should I even try again?
This matter is private, so I won't disclose the intimate details. There was one time I set my mind to accomplish something. I tried for 10 years. I was unsuccessful many times. But I finally did it! And it was worth it!

Georgeadawara

They was a time when I start a business, every thing is moving well and good it comes a time when the business hang up it was a very terrible moment to me I lost all I have and one thing that encourage me is my dad word he always say if there is life there is hope. I use this stertmen to encourage my self and one thing is that I all ways say to my self that I can do it.

IamDozzy

What basically helped come out tops after experiencing failure was the presence of friends turned brothers. They were the ones that encouraged me to look past my failures and push on. It wasn't easy I must tell you but with the presence of people who believe in you no matter the situation, you'll receive this unknown zeal to come out tops no matter the kind of failures you have experienced. So in all, try to be around people who trust and believe in you

Victor001

If life was a straight line it will be boring, if you eat rice everyday you will hunger to test for something different. When we experience failure we should not see it as setback or hinderance or pull down but we should see it as catalyst to improvise..
We should see failure as a step closer to success. Human want is insatiable so is our zeal for success...to test the better part of success you need to give trials and in the course of trials you might fail.
Your ability to overcome the set back is the positve drive to been successful.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Having it at the back of your mind that everything happens for a reason will help you get over it. As they say every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. It is not easy getting over failure, instead of beating yourself up, simply learn from your mistakes because that is what will make you stronger and prevent you from making future mistakes. It is also good to seek advice from other people so you can avoid mistakes that would cost you. The most important thing is to just learn from your mistakes. Remember nobody is perfect and no one is above mistakes.
Sure bro, no one is perfect, we are just working to near perfection, but still not possible. The best thing we can do to avoid more mistakes happening, is learning through our previous mistakes and improving on them. Ability not to improve on them will cost us losing out on our respective business. I have learned many things through my previous business failures which have helped my business grow up to this day, with out such mistakes around my early business start up, i wouldn't have known how to apply another strategy to drive profit in my business. Experience is part of the business, when one fails, he learns and become experienced through such scenario.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Failiure has a way of refuelling my passion, Ithe make me to become ever determined to climb the mountains and defeat the giant that is standing on my way. I have been looking for sites like this but my loosing money to InsMe this year jacked me up and keeps me searching for genuine sites that pays.

To everyone who has suffered defeat and disappointments, you can turn your pain to power, don't cry over your loss but let that pain drive you to succeed.

Each time you remember, let it fire you up to succeed.
Nice motivational quote, its not easy at all running a business. Failures is something that exist around human but ability to stand tall and withstand such kind of trials makes you a good business owner. I've leaned on those past legends that made legacy through business, that lost so many times but stand strong over the test of time. No matter the failures that come my business way can't overwhelm me to the extent of abandoning to go back to square one, i pray to God to give me the strength to carry on.

Profwriter

Yes, as the saying goes quitters never wins and winners never quit. One has to keep the flame and passion to succeed burning against all odds and challenges. Failure should not deter anyone from trying again. I don't know of any successful man that has never failed, they Rose to success because they got up from where they fell, they didn't sit and begin to cry over their failures, they durst off the dust of failing and kept going till they succeeded.

The world has no space or time to entertain failures but winners and everyone has what it takes to win.

Roysnickz

Determination, focus and perseverance are some of the keys factors that can keep one going inspite of possible set backs. Life generally self is very challenging, so also is the business world. It's full of challenges, full of ups and downs and the unexpected. One however, has to remain focus in pursuing his goals. And sure and steady one will overcome all these challenges.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
One thing that have always help me with life’s failures is the fact that life isn’t fair at all times. When once we all come to the realization that failure and success are two sides of a coin, then we will be able to move on swiftly despite life’s failure either in business or not. For me, when failures raise its ugly head I look for the remedies and how to kill it. I don’t just mourn it because it is a total waste.

Moni2402

Some of the most effective strategies are:
-Examine the reasons for the loss, it is vital to create processes to record the reasons for the loss.
-Rate and segment lost customers,
it is about optimizing and making the recovery process as efficient as possible, that is, filtering customers, segmenting those who are most likely to return and those who are not.
-Strengthen customer service,
this is almost mandatory before taking any action to recover lost customers.
-Listen and implement changes.
The main source of learning of a company are its customers, in the end it is they who constantly test the products and / or services, from them we can know their level of satisfaction, evaluate their opinions and make commercial decisions to improve the indicators.

Janiya

Once I was failing continuously in apply job because there was my mistake that I was not believing myself that I can do hard and rough work but by failing again and again I decided to take steps and face the difficulties either it is in business or in life time job but I will not afraid off.
There were alot of people who was giving the lame and false reasons related to business so I was scary from this type.but now I am out of this type of thing and having my own business and I am working and managing the work.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Some of the most effective strategies are:
-Examine the reasons for the loss, it is vital to create processes to record the reasons for the loss.
-Rate and segment lost customers,
it is about optimizing and making the recovery process as efficient as possible, that is, filtering customers, segmenting those who are most likely to return and those who are not.
-Strengthen customer service,
this is almost mandatory before taking any action to recover lost customers.
-Listen and implement changes.
The main source of learning of a company are its customers, in the end it is they who constantly test the products and / or services, from them we can know their level of satisfaction, evaluate their opinions and make commercial decisions to improve the indicators.
The factors you undertook after experiencing some insignificant losses via your business is a welcomed one. That shows you learned from your previous failures and applied that learning curve to curtail any further losses that might want to result in your business initiative. Its never easy at all to manage a business or any establishment that is income generating. Examining the reasons for the loss, is a great way to critically analysing what caused you fails and find a strategy to deal with such deterrent factor that caused you losses in order not to surface again.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Once I was failing continuously in apply job because there was my mistake that I was not believing myself that I can do hard and rough work but by failing again and again I decided to take steps and face the difficulties either it is in business or in life time job but I will not afraid off.
There were alot of people who was giving the lame and false reasons related to business so I was scary from this type.but now I am out of this type of thing and having my own business and I am working and managing the work.
That is a good step which you took to combat your previous failures. That made you now to determine what was causing you failures and work so hard to balance it before going on to manage your own personal business that is income generating too. Without sitting back examining what is needful in our life might cause us our whole life in shattered. We ought to learn from past mistakes and work towards correcting them to improve our career to make us achieve what is expected in our business initiative.

Peppul

In every businesses at some point there are setback at some stages and how you deal with it will determine if your business will continue or will end there. There was a time I experienced failure in my business, infact at that point I felt like giving up but because of my determination I kept putting in my best, most times it's good to have good friends that are aware of what you do and ready to help build your business, my wife was one. With my determination and her advice I was able to pull through and the funniest thing was I thought I was doing the right thing until she start pointing out my mistakes for me which I started working on and eventually everything works out. So be focus, be determined and have good people to support you.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had my share of failures in life and the first person that I got consolation from was my mother and next is my wife, that was when I got married. Until now it is my wife that is always giving me full support. Maybe without her I could have been a bum. Not to forget there were also my real friends, just a few of them but they have the genuine concern for me not only for kind words but also with financial help sometimes. When you experience a failure it is the people around you that you can get the best support.