What do you think about hawking

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In Nigeria today, in the rural areas to be precise, hawking is believed to be one of the fastest ways to get more sales instead of you waiting for customers to come and patronize you at your shop like every exposed business person would think, although if we decide to take a good look at it. I think it is a good strategy truly, only if you are willing to go through the stress, because I will not lie to you, it is quite stressful to do especially when your items are the heavy types. Well if we should view it from another angle, some of these market women and men that does it, do it out of no choice because some of them can’t afford to rent a space to perform their activities, so they think they will sell it off once they hawk it around. And to be honest, it does work for them like a magic, I know of a woman that sells banana to my mom, and she would hawk it down to our house, from a distance worth taking a taxi, the surprising part, she comes along with her daughter, my mother was forced to ask her why she does it, and she said that she is a widow and she doesn’t have any other means to survive.

It's only in typical African settings that Hawking is acceptable....It's seen as an abuse in so many countries. Even in some developed African countries you can't see people Hawking anymore. But it's sad today in some African countries that Hawking is still acceptable and children are used most for it. Though, it brings money as goods are being taken to people where they are and that brings more sales to the hawker.