Tips to make money from hawking

ENZO5

Verified member
People are always ashame when hawking not knowing that there are many tips to make good money from hawking. When i was 20yrs old, i do hawk and make money, i hawk different products such as; watermelon, shoes, moi moi and the rest. I do make a lot of money from hawking to be honest.

We'll discuss the tips that can help us make money from hawking.

First of all, what's the definition of hawking?

Hawking is the act of selling goods or services on the street or in public places. If you want to make money by hawking, here are a few tips that may help:

CHOOSE A PRODUCT OR SERVICE TO SELL: Consider the local market and your own interests and skills. You could sell anything from snacks and drinks to handmade crafts, jewelry, clothing, or services like street haircuts or shoe shines.

DETERMINE THE DEMAND: Before you invest in any inventory or equipment, do some market research to find out if there is a demand for your product or service. Observe the people around you and see what they are buying.

FIND A GOOD LOCATION: A good location is crucial for a successful hawking business. Choose a spot where there is a lot of foot traffic, like a busy street corner, a park, or a tourist destination.

BE FRIENDLY AND ENGAGING: Your personality is key when hawking. Smile, be courteous, and engage with your potential customers. Tell them about your product or service and why it's a good deal.

SET COMPETITIVE PRICES: Make sure your prices are competitive with similar products or services in the area. Don't overprice or you may drive customers away.

ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS: Use social media, posters, or flyers to promote your hawking business. Make sure people know where to find you and what you are selling.

STAY SAFE AND LEGAL: Check local laws and regulations regarding hawking. Be aware of your surroundings and keep your money and inventory safe.

KEEP YOUR INVENTORY ORGANIZED: Make sure your products are organized and displayed attractively. Use containers or shelves to keep your products organized and easy to access.

OFFERED DISCOUNTS OR SPECIALS: To entice customers to buy from you, consider offering a discount or a special deal. For example, you could offer a free drink with the purchase of a sandwich, or a discount for repeat customers.

ACCEPT MULTIPLE FORMS OF PAYMENT: Make it easy for your customers to pay for your products by accepting multiple forms of payment, such as cash, credit cards, or mobile payment apps.

BE CONSISTENT: If you plan to make hawking a regular source of income, be consistent with your schedule and location. Build a reputation as a reliable and trustworthy seller.

BE CREATIVE: Look for ways to stand out from the crowd. Consider adding a personal touch to your products, such as custom packaging or a special recipe.

Push away your shyness, follow these tips and make money from hawking.