What do you dislike about cryptocurrency?

Shaf

Verified member
For most people, we get attracted to cryptocurrency because of the huge gains that can be made. Some people live the technology and how useful it will be, while some are just looking for a way to diversify their investment. Along the way, you will discover that there are disadvantages and advantages to it.

One of the things that I love and still don't like about cryptocurrency is the volatility. It can be great if you know how to use it, but can wreck havoc to your portfolio of you don't know how to navigate it.

Another thing is that it is prone to manipulation by whales, and it's not nice when you are trading and they suddenly seek liquidity to change market direction.

Is there anything you dislike about cryptocurrency?

Skysaint

Verified member
You've just said it all. It's all about it's volatility. Actually it made cryptocurrency interesting but at the same time makes it dangerous and a risk to our investment especially if we don't know how to go about the cryptocurrency volatile nature.
A friend of mine actually said a joke about cryptocurrency which in the real sense was true; he said that someone who trades cryptocurrency can't feel the pain of being heartbroken or disappointed again in life whether it's from one's life partner or anything else.
Imagine trading in cryptocurrency and you decided not to be greedy and you go ahead to withdraw your investments in a coin when it's up by 12% and after a few hours that same coins increases further by 172% and the next time you decide to leave your investments so it can grow further, what you will get to see after a few hours would be -253%. So someone will go can bear this pain, I wonder if there's anything else that can cause him pain in the case of disappointment.
So it's just the volatility that makes me dislike cryptocurrency to an extent but if you can find a way to deal with it then I don't think you will have anything to worry about while trading cryptocurrency.

E

eldavis

When it comes to crypto currency, I believe it's up and down nature is what actually makes it crypto. That by the side, one thing I hate most about crypto is that it cannot be traced if there is an error in typing the wallet address, or if you r account is hacked or scammed. A friend of mine was was scammed of some crypto currency some time back, and there was no way for him to get it back or even trace it till now. Though this is also part of its nature, which is why it is called crypto.

Shaf

Verified member
When it comes to crypto currency, I believe it's up and down nature is what actually makes it crypto. That by the side, one thing I hate most about crypto is that it cannot be traced if there is an error in typing the wallet address, or if you r account is hacked or scammed. A friend of mine was was scammed of some crypto currency some time back, and there was no way for him to get it back or even trace it till now. Though this is also part of its nature, which is why it is called crypto.
That's one disadvantage of cryptocurrency transactions, but oddly enough, that's one of the basic principles of cryptocurrency itself especially Bitcoin.

The anonymity it offers is desirable for so many people that we are willing to risk that chances of loosing money once in a while due to wrong address used or to scammers. But that can also be traced if the parties concerned truly care like the case of the couple arrested in the US after stealing a large amount of Bitcoin.

It's also possible that the funds can be flagged and frozen so that they can't ever be used.
I usually try to avoid such by carrying out my transactions in bits so that even if it's wrong, I won't lose everything.

Cryptoworks

Agree, I dont like the crypto so much due to its volatility. There are some areas where cryptos are now heading into like payments. Volatility makes cryptos too much unstable for payments that for a merchants, stable coin is the only option.