What courtesy demand from a good manager.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
As a business manager, that are some thing that courtesy demand from us while relating with our employees to facilitate smooth emplyee-employer relationship. Among them are

We should not be too informal at workplace. It is possible to have someone older than us as our employees, that doesn't mean that we need to be informal by calling them by their first names. At least we can add title to it.

There should not be office romance of any form to our employees. We should learn how to be disciplined especially when it comes to relating with our female staff. We should not be too friendly with them because female are always sensitive.

There is also the need to be neutral or indifferent when it comes to matters that concern the workers private lives. We should not be interfering in it except of course if the worker seek our opinion or maybe help in some cases.

Well you are right in this aspect. With regards to how we relate with employees older than us, being a business owner does not mean we should not treat them with respect. And of course, romantic relationship with the females should be completely off limits so that it won't have a negative impact on the company.

I need to make this clear, there are some organization where respect is not tolerated. As far as I am concerned, I know there is no respect is no respect in banking. After all, I have been to different banks and I discover that they don't respect one another there.

There are a lot of things that most business organisation do not tolerate in their business premises, most of these things can be decided by the business management depending on the type of business they are going into there are some business that will not tolerate an employee to treat their customers with disrespect.

Manger is actually a bridge between the management and the staff. Manager moderates issues for the management as well as the staff. A good manager is someone who is able to communicate the management's decision to the staff and the staffs' issues with the management. The manager requires people management skills.