What attitude do you look into when hiring employees?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Personally I'm in no place to hire an employee right now but there are some attitudes I will like my future employees to possess especially when we are doing the interview.

1. PUNCTUALITY: Punctuality is the soul of any successful business or organization. I wouldn't want an employee that is due for an interview in my organization to be late for any reason. Irrespective of the situation I will not tolerate it. Keeping to time has a way of showing the level of your integrity.

2. MUSIC TASTE: I know this might sound weird to some of you but for me it doesn't feel weird. According to research" The kind of music you listen to will determine how you perceive life and what impression you have towards providing situations".

3. REMARK ABOUT FORMER EMPLOYER: Hiring someone who says bad things about former employer is also a redflag that must be considered also. Personally I can never hire that kind of person because such person might be capable of creating disunity among other workers.

4. I.Q ON GENERAL INFORMATION: Hiring an employee that can infiltrate any form of conversation has proven to be best for business. World richest organization did not just became rich by sitting in their offices. They send their employees out on social functions, dinners and all. So intelligency is a must for me no matter what.

However this idea of mine has to do with the kind of organization I have in mind to run in the future. It does not suit all kind of business. This ideas are what might suit my business. WHAT'S YOURS

Last edited:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Accessing potential employees on the areas that suits your company's demand or business is ideal. We shouldn't just hire an employee based on the demeanor or physical appearance that is nice. We should access the general quality and determine where to put him or her, if it with serving in the company or not. Companies needs one that can help their course grow exponentially and achieve greater fortunes in the long run.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Accessing potential employees on the areas that suits your company's demand or business is ideal. We shouldn't just hire an employee based on the demeanor or physical appearance that is nice. We should access the general quality and determine where to put him or her, if it with serving in the company or not. Companies needs one that can help their course grow exponentially and achieve greater fortunes in the long run.
Of course you are right and that is the reason I've put a disclaimer about the idea. Basically I believe the mental balance of an employee is what is needed for the organization. The appearance has nothing to do with the intelligence but sometimes the appearance also speak volumes of the employees intelligency. Thanks for your input

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Of course you are right and that is the reason I've put a disclaimer about the idea. Basically I believe the mental balance of an employee is what is needed for the organization. The appearance has nothing to do with the intelligence but sometimes the appearance also speak volumes of the employees intelligency. Thanks for your input
You're welcome. The appearance might play a role in terms of making him look presentable before the employer(s). So that will give him or her the early pass mark. Then the next step is accessing his or her credentials, know if what the Resume is talking about tally with those credentials of he's or hers. Then the finally assessment will be, interviewing him or her based on the company's requirements, things the company truly want in him or her.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You really make a nice article. Number two seems funny to me though. I won't answer any employer that asks me the type of music I listen to. I have my personal reasons. I love secular musics but I don't allow most of their messages to influence me. So, I think an employer will be biased if he judges the book by the cover.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
You really make a nice article. Number two seems funny to me though. I won't answer any employer that asks me the type of music I listen to. I have my personal reasons. I love secular musics but I don't allow most of their messages to influence me. So, I think an employer will be biased if he judges the book by the cover.
I'm not bias really it's just that I rather have a very ancient taste in things especially music and when I met new people I guage their IQ base on their musical preference and it has always work for me. But good for you for not allowing the message of most secular music influence you.

Maven Tiger

Punctuality and active participation is my pick in all for me. A punctual and active staff is what most multinational companies look out for when seeking to hire new working staff or recruits. The contribution of each and every workers determines the total output of the company which in turn determine the profit realized. A company that has aim of meeting it revenue target must seek to hire an active and punctual worker.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If I'm in the position of hiring employees, there are many attributes I will be looking out. The employee must have the capacity to work smart and also handle crowd and customer complaints in the professional manner. He or she must have the capacity to speak well and also communicate with customers that is he or she must have a good speaking skill. The customer must also be social so that he or she will relate with customers well.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I'm not bias really it's just that I rather have a very ancient taste in things especially music and when I met new people I guage their IQ base on their musical preference and it has always work for me. But good for you for not allowing the message of most secular music influence you.
I wish we see to really know the kind of person I am through the taste of music I listen to. I am not saying you can guess rightly judging from the taste of music but I am claiming it will be a biased way of judging your workers. When you realize what people with religious music taste do, you will realize devil was an angel.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
If I'm in the position of hiring employees, there are many attributes I will be looking out. The employee must have the capacity to work smart and also handle crowd and customer complaints in the professional manner. He or she must have the capacity to speak well and also communicate with customers that is he or she must have a good speaking skill. The customer must also be social so that he or she will relate with customers well.
Social skills is one of the basics I will definitely look into. I will want a group of employees that are sociable and intelligent in making conversation and work with any client irrespective of the tribe, religion or the language. Intelligence in knowing the right conversation to palate a client mood. So that we can have a organization that is client/customers friendly.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I wish we see to really know the kind of person I am through the taste of music I listen to. I am not saying you can guess rightly judging from the taste of music but I am claiming it will be a biased way of judging your workers. When you realize what people with religious music taste do, you will realize devil was an angel.
Pls, it seems we are now a bit out of context. When i mean musical taste I do not mean gospel or secular. I mean with classical, orchestra, pop, soul and so on. And the musical preference is not for judging the person attitude but for the guage of the person IQ. To know how the person perceive the world and how the person respond to things and solve problem.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was tasked with hiring new programmers for the software house my focus is not on the answer to the interview and not much on the resume. It is the attitude and the persistence plus the desire to get hired. If the applicant is bragging then that is goodbye. With punctuality that is vital to me but you cannot determine that with a job applicant.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
When I was tasked with hiring new programmers for the software house my focus is not on the answer to the interview and not much on the resume. It is the attitude and the persistence plus the desire to get hired. If the applicant is bragging then that is goodbye. With punctuality that is vital to me but you cannot determine that with a job applicant.
Personally I would have overlooked the bragging perhaps as been a way to impress me or a kind of confident thing. That is why I decided to hear people personal thought. The presistency might be a plus too but I might give the person a chance with a stern warning of not to be disappointed. Sometimes an employee with passion for your business can be helpful.

Mellorando

Banned
If I am to hire employees for my company or business then sorting out your boots or qualities they must possess to earn my approval first is honesty s is integrity third is obedience and lastly is hard-working if an employee process is quality he or she is willing and able to work with it employer to take the business to the next level