What Are The Common Mistakes Job Candidates Make?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Seeking a job is never an easy thing. First of all, there are already so many candidates out there who are seeking the job. In fact, there are so many people who are probably much more talented than you and much more experienced than you. Apart from that, they might be more educated than you. This means that getting a job is much harder nowadays. Apart from that, there are many reasons as well why getting a job is so tough. The rate of unemployment is already high in the global population. There are many mistakes many candidates make while seeking a job.

One of the biggest of them is the lack of confidence while getting interviewed. I remember I was also nervous when I was being interviewed and this was something the interviewer judged immediately. So the next time I prepared myself for that. Apart from that, another mistake many candidates make is that they never prepare their resume in a better manner and I have noticed this myself. The third common mistake is not reading the job description properly. So, what are some other mistakes candidates usually make? Have you ever made these mistakes personally while applying for the job? let's discuss!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When it comes to interviews there are a lot of mistakes that can be made, this is why it is always important to take out time to check that everything in place a day before the interview day.

Going for an interview late is a big no, because it will make one tense which isn't the right mood to appear for an interview. It is always good to arrive for an interview at least 30-60 minutes before the actual time. This will help you remain stable and prepared for the interview.

Another one is about some candidates not even preparing for the interview. No reading of past questions, no research of the company they intend to work with and no findings about what the role entails. So you begin to wonder how they wanted to fare well in the interview. There's no magic when it comes to doing well in an interview, when you have stiff competition with other candidates you need to work hard to be outstanding during the hiring process to be noticed

Lastly, some candidates just want to gamble with interviews. They come from a different field or Carrer path and want to get a job that needs maybe professionals in that field it wouldn't work.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The Job Interview is stressful for most job seekers and even professionals who do not see many job interviews throughout their career may wonder how to get over that they are nervous.
How To Become Confident In Front Of Job Interviewer? As we look for jobs, we get into a dilemma …. Speak confidently in front of the interviewer if you want to get the job or leave without a doubt that he has met his best match when he took it.
There are several ways to look and feel confident during a job interview. You take the most widely used job interview preparation courses. You practice answering common interview questions. And you rehearse what you are going to say during the actual interview itself so that you appear intelligent and in control.

However, practicing for an interview is not the same as preparing for one.
Confidence is an integral part of being you and upholding your self worth. When your confidence wanes, your skills and abilities begin to diminish as well. It can also affect how others see you, as well as how you see yourself, which makes it all the more challenging to stand out from the crowd during a job interview.
Most cases Good resume is what gets you an interview and an excellent interview scores get you a job.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Every majority of students are pumping out from various higher institutions as graduate so as to join the job seeking team so as to look for jobs which they can endure to them something in order to make money as an occupation . One of the vision an idea of a job seeker is to find a job that is prestigious , highly paying , and most importantly comfortable . But majority of job seekers focus on how high the salary of a job is than focusing on their comfortability , this is absolutely wrong . It is important that everyone feels comfortable in carrying out a business or work activities , and it doesn't matter whether the salary or the profit that you make from a particular work is big or low your comfortability really matters .

Another mistake that job seekers do in the course of seeking for a job , is not putting the dressing and grooming into proper consideration when going for a job interview . It is important that you do not dress shabbishly and also your dressing shouldn't be extreme it must be responsible so as to indirectly tell a job interview that you are serious and absolutely ready for the job .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is true that there is a really high rate of unemployment in many nations these days. Which makes so many job seeking candidates very desperate and unable to pass for even the small jobs available. These days, the job market is so competitive and so one needs to package themselves really well so that they can get chosen for any job available.

One mistake that job seekers do is giving up easily. Since they know how scarce most jobs have become, some job seekers have completely given up and so they don't apply for anything anymore. The few who apply only do so without confidence that they can actually get the job, so they present themselves with so much doubt and the employer can sense this.

Another mistake is being too choosy on what job you want. These days, I prefer just starting from somewhere. It does not mean that you are giving up on your dream career. It just means that you can start somewhere small then keep ranking up to the career you want.

Lastly, job seekers have put their mentality that it is only through getting a job that they can earn a living. So they search desperately and that makes them loose hope in life when they fail to get jobs. It is best to try other sources of income like online work or a business while looking for the offline career you want, that way, you won't be so frustrated.