Common mistakes that an applicant can commit in the job interview

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was the hiring officer of a software house I was tasked to handle the interviews of the applicants. It is not an easy chore because I have to rate the applicant in that short time of encounter. We have to admit that more often than not the first impression turns false. That is why I had to be discerning about the personality of the applicant.

Here is my guide list for the interview of applicants:
1) Being nervous or stammering are okay as a natural reaction
2) The applicant has no bragging rights
3) Simple answer for a simple question
4) Mentioning names is not good
5) Detailed explanation of the job gets a point
For the ending of the interview I would ask the applicant to write in 5 sentences his reason for wanting to work with us.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think the outstanding issue is always about being nervous. A lot of people go through this and when once you are not settled you would not give a tandem answer to the questions asked. So it always good to be well coordinated and stick to the questions that are being asked

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Most of the applicants go to interviews unprepared and they tend to fail interviews. They believe that their instinct will guide through the the interview process. If you are about going for an interview in a company, take a little time to do research on the company's products or services. Study the vision and the mission statements of the company

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Most of the applicants go to interviews unprepared and they tend to fail interviews. They believe that their instinct will guide through the the interview process. If you are about going for an interview in a company, take a little time to do research on the company's products or services. Study the vision and the mission statements of the company
Oh, that is a big mistake for an applicant to go to war without armaments. I have encountered some applicants when I was handling the job vacancy in our office. Some of them do not even know about the job that they are applying for. One guy talked at length about encoding when he was applying for a programming job.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I remember my first interview. I did not have any work experience but I had quite impressive things related to education and training to show on my resume. Yet, I was nervous. After failing in a couple of interviews, I was hired by a low-profile company. One year later, I was hired by the company that rejected me on my first attempt.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Promising a lot of things is a big mistake most of the newbies make during a job interview. Can you you work 12 hours a day? Can you work in the night shifts? Can you do coding along with graphic design? Can you fetch water for the boss? If your answers to ll f these questions is YES, you are promising a lot of things.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Many resumes are read frequently by employers . Your experience or impressive skills do not make a big difference compared to others. Mistakes on your resume is an automatic setback.
Do you know just common mistakes on your resume can deprive you of getting your dream job?
Research shows that 58% of resume have typos (Research Builder 2013).
This is enough reason for you to know and avoid usual mistakes.
Aside from making typographic errors , applicants also make mistakes of having their resume too long. Imagine someone having a 3 or 4-page resume and more. Making it so difficult to read . A short / concise resume is easily accessible and exposes very important information about you.

Ensure you honor employers' strict confidentiality policy . Some firms don't like you going against this . For instance, in the course to reveal how awesome you are ; you state something like " I worked on a project for a major building company based in ( location that makes the company obvious ) " Any employer will understand your point without giving more details like that. They might conclude not to hire you in the fear that you might give out their business secrets to competitors .Nevertheless, you should be confident.

Finally , anyone ,even the CEOs gets fired for lying , you should not consider that on your resume . Your degrees , GPAs and your school of study should be authentic . Don't lie about your stay in a particular firm ,not even your achievements . You should know that this information you give is easily accessible on the internet , discussion with job owners or friends.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
A job interview is considered to be one of the serious moments of a particular individual . Looking for a job is actually one activity that every human being must do one or more time in his or her life . It has never been easy to find a job especially finding a job that is prestigious highly pain and also comes with other business and kinds . but some job seekers for job applicants sometimes performed some use it mistakes in the process of course of looking for a job . Some job seekers dress shabbishly and irresponsible which indirectly tells the interviewer or business employer that you are not ready to get the job , and you have to first of all work on your appearance before coming to seek for the job .

For the new job applicants they must trim their hair and trim their beards , and also they must dress to impress their business employer or the job interview . The dressing code of a job applicants must either be on suits and trousers or possibly way shirt , trouser , and a tie . And also for the women they must dress responsibly they shouldn't wear a dress that expose sexualize part of their bodies .