What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of the Merge Ethereum?

Suba

Staff member
As we all know, yesterday Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022, the Ethereum blockchain has completed the merger process, meaning the full migration of the protocol from PoW to PoS. The merger process started Dec 1, 2020 so it takes about 22 months.
Impact of The Merge on ETH Value
Since August 27, 2022 the price of Ether has a positive sentiment crawling up to the level of $1,770 on Sept 10, 2022. The next day it turned down slowly until it reached the current price of $1,471.00. Of course holders anticipate the price of Ether could reach $2,100. During the process of the PoW mechanism Ethereum issued approximately 13,000 Ether per day. After the merge process is complete, it is estimated that the issuance of new Ether will decrease by around 0.4% of course it will have an impact on the availability (supply) of Ether, because supply is getting smaller and if demand remains or increases, the price will soar.
Advantages of The Merge
The main advantages are of course improvements to the blockchain, such as reducing transaction bottlenecks, scalability and hopefully lower gas fees.
Disadvantages of the merge
In my opinion, the process of profit is for the long term will not happen in a short time, What do you think?

cmoneyspinner

Coinbase persuaded me to buy Ethereum and convert it to Ethereum 2 by offering to pay interest. I did this because I thought "The Merge" would bump up the price of Ethereum. I guess it's too early but I don't see any significant change. Accoriding to a Decrypt article the ETH price crashed under $1500 after the successful merge. This was not what I expected. (o_O)

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Coinbase persuaded me to buy Ethereum and convert it to Ethereum 2 by offering to pay interest. I did this because I thought "The Merge" would bump up the price of Ethereum. I guess it's too early but I don't see any significant change. Accoriding to a Decrypt article the ETH price crashed under $1500 after the successful merge. This was not what I expected. (o_O)
Ethereum merge was a long awaited thing, so it was normal that something will happen, however as Ethereum Foundation clarified, the gas issue isn't solved by the merge, and even ETH 2.0 is not completely out, everything is to be solved with another update (Shanghai Update). Even Kraken exchange is aware, which has even holded everyone's staked Ether, and won't allow unstaking till Shanghai upgrade, mentioned here.