Top mistakes traders make in their early days

Jack Reacher

Verified member
A regulated broker allows traders with all reliable trading facilities by utilizing which traders can earn a big profit. If you want to have reasonable trading leverage and low spread and high security of funding, you can join Eurotrader broker.

Zygomatic

Any small mistake can deteriorate the trade. But the most common mistake that a novice makes is revenge trading. Many new traders in order to recover their losses tend to revenge trade which lead to more losses as the decisions made are impulsive and are not rational.

Fardage

New traders are often in a hurry and don’t want to waste their time of analysis, which further results in losses that are beyond their expectations and understanding.

Tactical

Not being able to understand the market and its movements is a common thing among beginners. But repeating those mistakes and not giving attention to them is where the real mistake lies. Traders really need to understand that they need to work on their mistakes because that’s the way to their profitability in the forex market.

Mudpuppy

Most of the mistakes happen due to lack of knowledge and skills. We will be able to trade properly once we gain more knowledge and develop our skills over time. Many things can be learned from experience only. So, one must be patient and keep learning. Using a trading journal to track your progress can help a lot in identifying our trading mistakes in time.

E

eldavis

I totally agree with you on the news aspect, this is one major mistake most traders make, myself included. They would rather prefer to pay more attention to signals than news. I remember some time back i checked the signals and it was on buy, only for me to find out in the news that no one should go for buy. I ended up loosing all my investment at that moment.

Cittosis

Revenge trading tops the list of mistakes so far, many traders find it difficult to accept loss and move ahead. They believe that if they try repeatedly, they may get it right. They are highly mistaken! It takes a lot of courage to pull a profitable trade with proper planning. If they focus on maintaining risk management techniques, their journey can get easier a tad bit.

Lickspittle

The following are some common mistakes traders make in forex trading: not having a trading plan, not doing enough research, neglecting economic data and news events, expecting bad trades would turn around, taking quick profits and passing up bigger gains.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Trading is a whole lot of complicated games , it is not something you can achieve within a very short period of time. This is something that needs a lot of dedication and time for you to be able to make money in the market perfectly..

I have been on a Forex training class for quite some times now and from my observation forex is a very wide course that you have to dedicate so much of your time to learn and understand everything. Even with so much of my dedication , I still need to really focus And repeat every session over and over again to be able to grab what the teacher is trying to say.

Risk management is very important as is being said on the topic . Even with good fundamental and technical analysis , you may not likely be able to make anything if you don't have proper understanding of risk management as the original posters has said

Gastrology

Beginner forex traders fail because they do not have enough experience. Failure is fine when a trader is learning and implementing that learning in the right direction, but if a trader does not make an effort to learn from their failure, failure is of no use. Learning how to trade forex is crucial; when a trader does not take the time to learn it, they fail. They ignore practising on a demo account. They do not follow risk management and money management properly; their trading psychology is weak. Focusing on weak areas makes a trader profitable.

Diagraphics

As a beginner it is common to make mistakes. So, it is important to strengthen your base and hone your trading skills to mitigate the risks. Also learn from the mistakes and keep a track of trades in order to avoid repeating any trading mistake.

Snaffle

Many traders fail to understand the technical and fundamental analysis methods that can actually help boost their productivity on their trades. They forget the importance of planning and following the plan. They often stray into other aspects and lose importance of the main structure and that is timing their trades. Many trade too much, some exit too early. There are many reasons why a trader could make a mistake, but proper learning can overcome all.

Petricolous

Every trader makes the mistakes initially and it is okay, but it is not okay if you keep repeating that mistake and don’t take a lesson out of it.

ShyCube

Everything is fine until a trader takes losses in a negative way. Every loss a trader suffers has something to tell; if a trader does not realise that, they will lose and probably give up the game of forex.

Honkie

If you are new to trading, then you should take these three things into consideration:
1. Risk management - learn what stop losses are and how to use them.
2. Indicators - take the time to learn how they are used and what they are predicting. 3. Money management - make sure you never put your whole capital into a single trade. You should be using a money management strategy that fits your investment style.

Vigorish

Trading the financial market is a very complex task to do but it is very lucrative at the same time when we know how to navigate the waters. Trading can be a life changing adventure as well as a life wrecking one. It just depends on how experienced we are and the steps we take to avoid making huge trading mistakes. Below are some of the mistakes to avoid as a newbie in the financial market:

1. Risk management: You must be willing to learn how to properly manage risk. Know when to trade, how to size your trade and how much leverage to use at a given time. Every trade doesn't necessarily have to go in your favour. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move to the next one.

2. Technical analysis: You must master the art of drawing charts and doing so really well. Without this it is difficult to know when to enter the market or how to navigate your way through every day noise in the financial market.

3. Do not ignore fundamentals: Every trader has to keep an eye on the news. In fact, news are highly capable of influencing the market so never ignore them.

4. Do not move into a trade immediately after a loss: Newbies tend to start chasing their loses when one trade doesn't go in their favour. No! Don't be emotional. Losing is also part of the game. Make sure you clear your mind off things that gets you emotional before entering a new trade.

Feel free to leave me your thoughts below
Yes, these are the most common mistakes that traders make when trading forex. It is difficult to compete in the market until they improve themselves. Thank you for sharing.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Traders who find interest in automated trading can go for it. But it’s a very risky and sensitive issue and traders should stay careful about automated trading. However, Eurotrader’s platform supports EA trading and it’s so reliable that you will never face any technical problem while trading.

Emptings

Thank you for the valuable information. This will really help the beginner. But the most important thing a beginner needs to know is to control his/her greed and other emotions and focus on learning for a few months.

Canzone

Trading without risk management and a trading plan is the most common mistake made by traders. Because there is no consistency in plan, their approach is haphazard. Trading strategies define the principles and techniques to each trade and risk management protects you from losses.

BinarySumo

Trade in your limits. I overtraded in the past and it cost me. In the initial days, we are eager to make money, but this could backfire and you could also blow your trading account.. Risk only what you can handle!