Three Freelance Marketplaces to Make Money as a Writer

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are thinking about becoming a freelance writer, you might have known about the freelancing platforms called Fiverr and Upwork, you might even have tried these platforms. If you have tried these platforms, it is very likely that you have not made any money because of the competition out there. Here are three freelancing sites to find freelancing contracts. These are just like Fiverr and Upwork, albeit less competitive. When the market is less competitive, the chances of getting hired greatly increase. Therefore, you can try the following freelancing marketplaces.

Guru: The site claims to have 800K employers world wide and there are just little above 200k freelancers in writing and translation category, which means you have a high chance of getting hired on Guru. It does not matter where you come from, as long as you have skills to do the job, you will be hired.

Freelancer: From research writing, content writing, translation to blogging, article writing, copy writing, you name it, Freelancer offers all sorts of jobs for writers. If you are a good writer having skills in writing different kinds of things, you have high chance of making money on this site.

Truelancer: The platform boasts over 1 million Freelancers, so you can trust this platform.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know about all this freelance marketplaces, in fact I applied to become a "content writer" in all of them. But unfortunately, the competition around Upwork, Fiverr and Freelancer.com didn't lete hold down a lasting spot in my niche selection. I dropped my pursuit of writing for rewards since I wasn't getting much of the jobs. I have invested my time around crypto, but I can't say never to them, something can still take me to those freelance marketplace in the future whenever the need arise.