Things to Consider When Employing a Staff

Carpon

Valued Contributor
As a business owner or manager, there are things you must consider and take note of when you are about to employ staff for your business. In this thread, I will discuss a few of such things that one should consider.

✓ Educational qualification: For any business post an employee will take up, there are various levels of education that is needed depending on the job description of such a staff. Therefore your choice of employment must possess the required level of Educational qualification.

✓ Previous experiences: There are some jobs that require your experience in a similar office previously. Therefore you must pay attention to the previous experiences a person you are employing has.

✓ Accountability and Discipline: It may be hard knowing from first meeting whether a person is accountable and disciplined or not. You can know this either by asking about the person or from such a person's social media interactions.
You must make sure that you employ accountable staff who won't engage in activities that will bring the business down.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If I am employing a staff to take responsibilities in any area of my business , first of all I will have to try as much as possible to get trusted people because those are the type of people I will need in my business. I do not really have the time to be following people around or trying to be overprotective of my business from dubious people , I just need a situation that I am free and everything runs smoothly in the business without me having to directly monitor it except it is absolutely necessary.

Because of this the most important thing I will be looking forward is how trusted the person is then followed by academic qualification and ability to interact with customer or carried out their responsibilities.

You also have to see passion in the person's expression to be able to employ people that are really passionate about your business.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Before you hire a new member of staff, there are some important things to consider. Here are some questions to ask yourself:

Are they qualified?

Hiring someone who isn't qualified can be expensive. Not only will they need training, but they may also have a different level of expertise. For example, if you need an accountant and you hire someone without the right qualifications, they may not be able to work as quickly or efficiently as someone who has gone through the right training courses.

How much will it cost?

You'll need to pay for their salary and any other benefits that come with the job. You might even need to pay for training courses or give them a bonus if they complete relevant exams during their time working for you. These costs could add up and eat into your profits if you're not careful.

Do they have any experience?

If someone has no experience in what they're doing, it's going to take longer for them learn how to do it than if they did have some experience under their belt already. This could mean that you'll have to pay more money than expected until they become fully proficient at their job.