The traditional egg and milk in the morning

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I grew up in our culture that the most preferred breakfast is the egg and milk. My grandmother would fry an egg for me sunny side up together with fresh carabao's milk that was delivered to the doorstep early in the morning. With the morning bread, the fried egg was good but like an ordinary boy I was not fond of milk. In fact, until now I drink milk in the morning at least 3 times a week but it is laced with choco powder. That will enhance the taste of the milk to be palatable to me. However, I admit that milk is still important much more that I am already a senior who can be susceptible to weakening bones. Since I do not want to take calcium pills for my bones so my alternative is to drink milk every other day.

With the egg, it is considered a full meal in itself. When I would be on a camping trip during my grade school days, my mother would always boil 2 eggs that I could bring. It would serve as my emergency food. Boiled egg is good to last even for a week without refrigeration. Take note that the simple egg and milk in the morning can do wonders for the human body.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Egg is very good to the body especially when one still still young.
Because it's good for the development of the children and help them to grow. But for the elderly one u think eaten if egg us not good as the doctors always say it.
One should eat good food and fruit that van easily build the body system which will enhance better living.

Ayeshabashir

Yes dear you are right in teenage time our breakfast was a 1 cup of milk and a 2 boiled egg because it is considered that it is full source of protein and nutrients which is very essential for our body and especially for our bones so we should give our children a cup of milk with half fry egg in the breakfast because it is very healthy breakfast for growing child

E

eldavis

I don't know about other families in my location though but the common breakfast we normally have while growing up was egg bread and tea. This was also the first thing I knew how to prepare while growing up. Back then my dad usually buys a crate of eggs that would last us up too a month. The popular name we usually called it was round egg, this was because we usually fry it round.