The salary is confidential to avoid professional rivalry in the work place

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One big problem in the work place is when there occurs a wide open professional rivalry. There are varied reasons for the origin of the friction but the most common is the position or the salary. That is the main reason why salaries of employees have to be confidential. Some people may not know it but here it is a violation of decorum when an employee would reveal his salary publicly. That act can be a cause for suspension or even termination sometimes.

In factories where the workers are paid equally with no difference in wages whatsoever it is still not allowed for them to be talking about the salary. Our HR officer said that a person can be judged by the amount that he is earning. Further on the topic, she gave an example. When A learns of how much B is earning A will feel sad if B is earning more than him. But he will be jubilant if B earns less and that will tarnish the image of B in the eyes of A.

It is a big problem when your canter part or Collogue knows anything about your salary especially if you ate earning more than them. Many enemy will rise due to the issue and even they can be saying that they are working than you do and how come you ate still earning more than them. Salary that one is earning should always be confidential and must not be disclosed to anybody.

In some organisations or firms, workers may not be paid consensus or equal salary. Some workers may be receiving higher pay more than some other workers because of their positions or experiences and maybe because of their longevity on the job. But whichever way salary should be classified and it should not be something to reveal to everyone at work.

I believe that in most companies , there is Hierarchy and workers are paid base on their rank in the company . There is no point for a lower office to be angry that a higher officer received more than him . The situation where salary causes issues is when people doing the same work are paid differently. It is better to use incentives than salary in appreciating the hard working person.

Yes. The salary should be made confidential between workers because it can cause a lot of uproar between them. And it can also make some workers that are collecting smaller amount than others to feel to feel so bad as they are doing the same nature of job with those that are collecting higher salaries. Some will feel more bad if they discovered that they are even doing more jobs than those receiving bigger salaries.

But for a start I think salary of everyone in a certain grade should be same to avoid sentiment unless the grade of the other person is higher or lower from their various certifications. I think there wouldn't be a.spirit of rivalry if things are done this way.. I just hate a heated place of work

I have been in an organization where I was short paid for almost a year. The fact is that I didnt know the entry salary and I priced myself below the entry salary during the interview. The HR warned me never to share my salary with my coworkers as it ought to be confidential. I complied for a year when I later realized the reason why he didn't want me to share it with my colleagues.

The employee salaries should be confidential to avoid ruckus amongst staffs. This could lead to low performance at work and an untold rivalry. If you are in this part of the world and you are close to an herbalist, the consequences could be fatal. I am very sure that members that are Africans most especially Nigerias, will understand my point.

I think that this is actually a very good idea that should be implemented in a workplace. The amount that each staff should have should be confidential to them and the accounting department. Making it known what creates an kind of competition and superiority complex in as much as everybody does a different job in the company and as such they are valued differently.