The Fate Of Businesses That have Poor Customer Support

Rachael

Verified member
There are many business owners that have made their business to crumble due to negligence on the part of lack of customer support. There are many business owners who are just after and obsessed with making profits, thereby ignoring their customers complaint which later has repercussions on the business. Perhaps I need to drum a gong to all business owners and potential entrepreneurs that, the customers are the life-wire of any business and without their patronage, the business cannot exist.

Customers in business are just like the root of a tree or plant, and without the root, the tree cannot stand. If the branches are cut off, the tree can still survive, but when once the root gets uprooted, it becomes a major challenge. It is pertinent for business owners to listen to the remarks or complaints of their customers. There are different types of customers, some might be bold enough to tell you what they dislike about the business, while others might just give cryptic or surface remarks. All these should be taken into quality check on order to enhance improvements. There is no complaint of a customer that should be regarded as small or trivial, every complaint is significant and such be treated as such.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The way you treat your customers can make or break your business.
Poor customer service will quickly damage your reputation, reduce the amount of brand loyalty your customers feel, and lose you money. Some may even leave negative reviews on sites like Yelp or Google Places. These problems can then spread and lead to real financial loss.

Good customer support boosts trust, loyalty, and sales. Bad customer support can lead to a damaged reputation, bad word-of-mouth, and a loss of business.

That's why good communication is so important to the success of your business. Here are five ways to improve your customer support:

* Always greet customers warmly and address them by name.

* Remember that the customer is always right—even if they're wrong, you need to do whatever it takes to make them happy.

* Be as empathetic as possible; try and see things from their perspective.

* Apologize sincerely when you have made a mistake or caused confusion.

* Ask for feedback often; this gives you an opportunity to grow and improve

*Keep good records of your customers. Make sure you know what they want exactly.

*know those customers that bring more sales for you.

* Give out discount, coupons and other incentives some times.

blessingc

A business without customer's in mind is a business that'll have not much progress. Yes because by the time a customer says I need my work to be done this way and you do it the other way because you think that's better than what your customer desires undermining the motive behind your customer asking you to do it his or her way, you indirectly saying I know what you want better than you do in other words I can't do what you want me to do, your customer will certainly go elsewhere to get the satisfaction he desires, and that's where you lose them one by one.

Kendy

Verified member
I have encountered so many businesses and organisation that has poor customer support or service. These set of business owners just fail to realize that negligence should not be confined either on their part or on the part of employees when it comes to such a sensitive position as customer support. There is no way a customer would lay a complaint and the situation is not solved or given priority, the customer would be unwelcomed and tend to patronize elsewhere. Any business which cannot have an effective customer support has failed woefully and the business would shrink. There are even some unfortunate business owners I have come across who gets so furious when customers complain about their products or services. They tend to see it as criticism and might even try to defend their products and services instead of telling the customers that they would improve on quality service.

The grassroot of any sustainable business is the consistent patronage of customers and this can only be achieved when the customers are satisfied with the welfare they receive, the quality of products and other fringe benefits that comes with being a loyal customer. It is pertinent to put all the necessary devices in place to enhance effective customer support system.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are some business that are doing perfectly even when they do not have a customer support , because the type of business they are doing does not really need a customer support. As a result they don't really put interest on customer support . But generally having a good customer service is not really something difficult because of the internet we are using today.

Banks and other financial institute which is an official company will always have a customer support because that is official. But some business like supermarket may not really have a customer support and if you need a support , you need to call the number that is being written in the products you have bought from the supermarket. I believe that's just the only way . This really depends on the business.

If someone is operating an official business but there is no constant and adequate customer support , there is likely to be some sort of disappointment with customers because there will be a time your customers will really need you for something and if there is no way for them to get in contact with you they will be disappointed and they might likely move to another company that gives them the type of support they need .

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Customers and clients are considered to be the lifeblood of a business or a commercial Enterprise . any business that is considered not to have support from members of the public who comes to patronize them as customers or client is considered to go broke , go bankrupt , or to go liquidated . but a business that gets support from members of the public who comes to buy the goods or the services in which it renders such a business will flourish and has the potential to reach higher heights as expected or planned. a lot of business owners today are faced with the problem of not getting enough support from members of the public sometimes this is caused as a result of not putting some factor that determines or build a business potential to make profit into consideration .

Some business organisation practice the negative behaviour or attitude of partiality when it comes to business dealings and doings with their customers , clients , or consumers , they perform partiality in the sense they only give full attention and undivided attention to customers , clients , and consumers that are wealthy and rich neglecting the minimal income customer or client earners .