Teaching the young on the habit of saving

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I learned to save money when I was in grade school. No one taught me to save but I realized that if I have some savings then I can buy what I want. My style was to save money for 1 month and then I would spend the savings on things that I enjoy. When I got to high school that was the same style of saving but what I spend on are more on serious things like gifts for a birthday or simply buying fruits in season so my family can enjoy. The habit of saving gives me the confidence that I have more than enough money for my needs because there is a surplus that goes to my savings no matter if they are just coins.

This will be the good idea or move if i may say to save the upcoming generation from excessive spending if not we don't know how they will look like with the kind of excessive spending i see in our youth this day they want everything trending no habit of saving in them at all. But if they are thought how to save and the benefit if saving it will help them save and invest and in turned will learn about money and stop spending unnecessarily

Teaching young ones to save is a character we must built in our young ones if we don't want this world at large to collapse one day. Some persons believed you need to save after spending (that is taking care of your needs), it is a No answer, savings must be included in to your expenses by so doing you will see it also as a must to do.

I learned to save money when I was in grade school. No one taught me to save but I realized that if I have some savings then I can buy what I want. My style was to save money for 1 month and then I would spend the savings on things that I enjoy. When I got to high school that was the same style of saving but what I spend on are more on serious things like gifts for a birthday or simply buying fruits in season so my family can enjoy. The habit of saving gives me the confidence that I have more than enough money for my needs because there is a surplus that goes to my savings no matter if they are just coins.
Cultivating the habit of saving when one is still young is a very good thing because it helps a child to build his or her earnings for future use and also gives the child a good financial management ability.

Saving culture is a type of financial knowledge that has endured many ages. It is practice by both the young and old. The global pandemic lockdown has taught many including me a lessons about saving. It is financially wise to keep away 10% of your saving for future use or investment. The young ones as much as the elderly should be taught about saving and investment.

Yes it is good to cultivate the habit of saving in the minds of children and making them understand that there will come a certain time where they may need something mostly financial issues. Then they might need to go back to their savings that is stored up somewhere. Saving culture is very helpful both for adults and children.

My mother taught me the importance of saving right from my childhood, she did not sit me down and start giving analysis but I picked up the lessons from her lifestyle. She was so prudent with her spending and she joined thrift contributions as well. I started saving with piggy banks, I would drop my allowance in the box and when it was festive periods, I would break it and give the money to my mother, and she always gets me things way more expensive than my money just to encourage me.

Saving these days is what some youths find it difficult to do because there are many things discouraging that action. There are lots of stuffs in which young people engage in that makes it difficult to save . many young wants to live higher than their standard. They tend to concentrate on things that do not last other than the ones that are important

Teaching children to save is very much important as it also teaches them to be responsible beings and also to be disciplined. However some kids learn on their own to save and would surprise you when they show you their savings. Once this is cultivated in their tender minds, we would have many responsible leaders and managers.

It is very good and encouraging to teach the young ones how to save very early in life so you can put in them saving culture this will help them when growing up in life. You can start this by opening a kid savings account for them, most banks have operate those kind of accounts, you can put as little as 1000 naira in the account every month for a start.

You did a very good job learning how to save at a very young age. I am sure by now you would be a boss in savings. I wish I had learnt to save or someone had forced me to save, I would have been better off for it today. Savings is very important in the life of an individual so that in the cause of an emergency there would be something to fall back to . Savings and Investment are what make people rich in today's society.

It is very important to develop the habit of saving and also pass this to your children and young ones for them to develop the habit of saving because saving makes you a better manager and a better human being. If you don't have the habit of saving then you tend to lavish every money that comes your way with this you can never be successful either as a business man or as a worker. Saving is one quality attributes of a good manager as a manager you must not to save and also know how to utilise resources in creating further wealth.