Some ethical behavior of a manager.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A manager is the driver of a business and whatever action he takes not only affect the workers but the business as a whole. Therefore a manager is a cynosure that needs to thread with caution.

The following are the ethics a manager should imbibe in order to paddle the workers and even the company to the shore safely.

Never underrate any worker. We are all humans and it does pain us when the best we are given is being looked disdainfully. A manager should learn to reject opinions with diplomacy.

Don't flatter a particular worker. We all have individual difference. Just like the biblical allusion widow, a particular worker may be given his best but whereas his best is the starting point of another worker. That does not mean the other worker is better than him. Appreciate everybody, their contributions have impact.

Be exemplary. Never tell your workers to do a particular or follow a particular principle. Do it and later then take after you. Be a good role model. Let every of your actions speaks. You don't need to force them or even be telling them what you want. When you do it.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes ; when we are talking about ethics.
Ethics said to be a rule or law guiding a set of profession or a set of people and their characters towards discharging their responsibility either in the company or in managing set of people.
A good manage must know that without the help of his/her worker no success will be recorded so it behavior towards the workers need to be guided.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had reached executive positions in my career that I have met many managers. What I hate is a male manager that is courting his subordinate. In my first job, our manager and a supervisor became lovers. In another instance the manager had 2 kids with his subordinate. There are many cases like that and I really hate it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I had reached executive positions in my career that I have met many managers. What I hate is a male manager that is courting his subordinate. In my first job, our manager and a supervisor became lovers. In another instance the manager had 2 kids with his subordinate. There are many cases like that and I really hate it.
That's really bad. But from another angle, there is nothing in bad in dating one's subordinate especially if it mutual consent. I have seen a lecturer that later got married to his students. What is bad is if the supervisor is making her subordinate his mistress, that's what I can't condone.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Unfortunately, not all the employers or managers follow these rules and they think that employees are their slaves. I have seen a manager who always used to yell at his employees and this was one of the main reasons why I never accepted the job offer. No one likes to work with a person who disrespects him all the time and employers must understand this thing.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Unfortunately, not all the employers or managers follow these rules and they think that employees are their slaves. I have seen a manager who always used to yell at his employees and this was one of the main reasons why I never accepted the job offer. No one likes to work with a person who disrespects him all the time and employers must understand this thing.
I have worked with an employer that always makes your mistake noticeable more than your hardwork. It is good that employers should try to correct or point out the employee mistakes but I think they should balance it. You can not be telling me about my mistakes without when trying to commend me when I do some good things.