Skill or a business idea, which do you prefer?

Profwriter

If you were to choose between having a skill or developing your own business idea, which will you prefer and what is the reason behind your choices?

Personally, I will choose to have or develop my personal busines idea than learn a skill. This may not be the same for everyone but that's my opinion.

Learning a skill is very great, no doubt about it. I have come to discover that business idea is more organic and dynamic when compared to relying on a skill to earn a living. One can enter into an environment or a community where his or her skills have no value, how can such a person survive?
The one who knows how to develop a business idea will settle in faster than the one with a skill

Great discussion you brought here. One with in demand skill shouldn't find it hard to settle anywhere he or she goes. This days the internet have been the best way to make money through skill and idea than offline in the world today. So i believe with his or her device, and knows what best to do with it. I think he or she will succeed and make money through some in demand skill like writing, transcribing, web designs, software development, graphics designs, coding etc.

If you were to choose between having a skill or developing your own business idea, which will you prefer and what is the reason behind your choices?

Personally, I will choose to have or develop my personal busines idea than learn a skill. This may not be the same for everyone but that's my opinion.

Learning a skill is very great, no doubt about it. I have come to discover that business idea is more organic and dynamic when compared to relying on a skill to earn a living. One can enter into an environment or a community where his or her skills have no value, how can such a person survive?
The one who knows how to develop a business idea will settle in faster than the one with a skill
Getting a business idea and running with it supercedes any skill one can think of. Even after getting your skill, you need good business ideas to navigate through yourself professional discipline. The business idea if pursued successfully would make one fulfilled.

Though business and skill always aim at the same destination which is giving us money. But if I am to choose one between the two. My choice will ever will be skill. If you are skilled, you will always be demanded for anytime, anyday and even anywhere. But business may not thrive every season or may not even be demanded for in some particular places. That's my reason.

choosing between business idea and a skill very hard choice, I don't know which to choose,both are great but it all comes to how great you made use of it.A business idea would be great if you have the needed capital or you have people who are ready to invest in you.business idea mostly require huge capitals,while skills rarely requires capital or in most times require little capital for tools been used.You would be payed to use your skill.Learning a skill is very great, no doubt about it. I have come to discover that business idea is more organic and dynamic when compared to relying on a skill to earn a living.

There are different categories of skills, we have a skill that is required for online use and skill that is required for offline use. I will like to choose a skill which is an online skill and the skill is to become a programmer, so as a programmer I don't need to worry about a business idea or establishing a business with the skill.

I would obviously go for a skill. With a skill, you are already in business. You can have a business idea but without the requisite skill to bring the business idea alive, yo are going no where. I believe skill acquisition should be of utmost importance especially for youths of the 21st century. Without a skill in this decade, you are almost as good as useless.