Should I Invest In Real Estate Business Or Cryptocurrency?

Sodiq

Hello all l hope you are all doing good? For a student that has limited/small budget, and in the same vein, a friend is willing to teach him the real estate business, but he has little knowledge of cryptocurrency business already and he's planning to go for Cryptocurrency mentorship and start investing in it.

I want to hear your view on this open ended topic, What advice would you like to give to this open ended topic In term of long term and short term investment respectively.

Personally, in my humble opinion, I'll say crytocurrency is volatility in nature, although no business is 100% risk free so I will divide the money into two and invest in both business.

How about you? Do you agree with me on this?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You haven't mentioned the amount of money you have for the investment ,. This will also help us to tell you or at least suggest the best form of investment based on the amount of money you have for it.

As we all understand , investment in real estate is an investment that requires a lot of money and you need to have thousands of Dollars before you can be able to make a reasonable investment .

There are some capital that you can use for the Investment in real estate then at the end of the day such capital may not likely to generate you anything because the capital is too small and you won't even be able to make a reasonable investment and profit

Starting up a business in the other hand is something that you can start up even with the little amount of money you have and you can grow the business as much as you can to the standard you want it to
be.

Investment in cryptocurrency in the other hand is one of the most simplest form of investment because here you can choose to invest in as low as $10 without having to worry about huge capital .

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Both of them are really a good way of making money , but if we are to consider the best and the most profitable we can said that real estate business gives the best opportunity for you to earn good amount of money on your investment because the value of your assets will keep on increasing with time and the volatility of cryptocurrency will not affect your investment.

If you are interested to invest in any property , you can consider to invest it in a good location and you'll be able to earn something with your investment compared it with any other form of investment.

But yet still , investing in the real estate carries it on disadvantage because it involves large capital requirements and so many people may not have the money.

Since cryptocurrency have offered a greater advantage of investing with the little amount of money you have , I will suggest that investing in cryptocurrency maybe the best for smaller investors.

The only disadvantage of cryptocurrency is the high volatility which can actually make your assets to reduce in value , even with this it will surely comes back to its original price.

Both of them are really good depending on your capability .

Mika

VIP Contributor
Let me ask you one simple question, how much money do you have? I am asking this question because the amount of money you have actually determines where you should invest your money. Let me assume that you have $100,000 and let me believe that this is your own money and not the money you borrowed from a bank or someone else. Now I will try to answer what happens when you invest your $100,000 in property or cryptocurrency. You buy a property worth $100,000. In my country, the value of property grows by at least 10 percent every year. If you hold your property for one year and then sell, you will earn at least $10,000 (based on the property growth rate in my home country), sometimes when the market is booming, you can even earn a 30-40 percent return on your investment. Let's say, you invested in bitcoin. Based n the current value, you can buy 2.2 bitcoin for $100,000. If bitcoin value doubles you earn $100,000 in profit, if bitcoin grows by 50 percent, you will earn $50,000, but what if bitcoin goes down. The price dropping cannot be ruled out because in the last bull run it went below $30,000

SuperNerd

Though both business are good and it depends on your budget, you need a lot of capital to start a real estate business and since you mentioned that you are a student, I doubt if you can really go into real estate business not that I am discouraging you but this business recquire you to have alot of fund before you can start.

Unlike real estate business, cryptocurrency business does not recquire much capital to start, what should be your top priority in starting this is skills. just acquire the needed skill and knowledge and with little found you can go into it. I hope this helps :cool:

AzezMeshal

Hello all l hope you are all doing good? For a student that has limited/small budget, and in the same vein, a friend is willing to teach him the real estate business, but he has little knowledge of cryptocurrency business already and he's planning to go for Cryptocurrency mentorship and start investing in it.

I want to hear your view on this open ended topic, What advice would you like to give to this open ended topic In term of long term and short term investment respectively.

Personally, in my humble opinion, I'll say crytocurrency is volatility in nature, although no business is 100% risk free so I will divide the money into two and invest in both business.

How about you? Do you agree with me on this?

Based on my experience real estate is more safe than crypto and better assets unless if you really get good at learning the crypto market which I don’t do. I started with Fundrise app adding $100 to test and see in August last year because it was easy to put some money, and I got now around 25% profit. Comparing this to crypto I feel it’s more safe as I don’t have time to spend on learning the crypto market daily and managing the risks with adding alarms, stop losses, and notifications everywhere. I also started wholesaling which is another story that’s so profitable.

I attached an example of my Fundrise account return on investment.

I vote for real estate.

Good luck 😉

Attachments

• BBE1F526-74EA-4CF7-BEFE-0ADBF9548FDD.jpeg
    BBE1F526-74EA-4CF7-BEFE-0ADBF9548FDD.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

moonchild

VIP Contributor
This depend on the amount you're starting with, and the feasibility of what you want to do, do you think you're providing any value by engaging in cryptocurrency?

I really don't think so, I look at crypto as kind of a multi level marketing and the intrinsic value is your money and other people's money and they're just providing liquidity to the market nothing more.

I don't think that's something you'll like to do, but real estate on the other hand is more profitable and by engaging in it you're providing value to people, but then it's there a need for it, who are your competitors, these are the essential questions you should ask before venturing in it.

Another major point is, do you have the capital for real estate, you said you're a student and most students are just barely getting by, so, I doubt if you have what it takes to venture into it.

For that reason I think you should just forget about the whole alternatives and focus on learning a very high income skill, this will put you ahead and with time and dedication you'll be able to make more money than you can ever imagine

funmi

Verified member
With my little experience and knowledge of cryptocurrency, I believe it is not a stable or fix business. In fact, it is not all that easy to fore cast or to determine what will happen in the few minutes while trading on cryptocurrency.
Although, I have not invested in real estate before or do anything on it but I prefer real estate than cryptocurrency. I have not really heard of any one who invested in real estate that lost before. Except if the person did not back the business up legally or you purchase land properties from the wrong set of people.
I believe real estate appreciate almost every time. It does not depreciate at all. But cryptocurrency can be volitile in nature and if care is not taken, you might loss all the money or investment you bring into the cryptocurrency business.
Am not saying cryptocurrency is not profitable, of course, I have seen and heard of people who are making good money out of cryptocurrency business, but at the same time, they can loss all they have ever made in it with in a few minutes if care is not taken..
Therefore, I will prefer real estate to invest in it than cryptocurrency.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The choice is still yours. These are totally different things. First you can consider that which you have passion for, if it is cryptocurrency or real estate, both can be lucrative but I feel cryptocurrency can be very volatile. Same way you can incure losses on cryptocurrency but I don't think you can lose all your assets without giving a fight unlike crypto, when you lose, you lose, you can't sue or hold anybody. Both can get you riches, real estate when done consistently and patiently, you will make so much profits. So which would you go for?