Setting up tutorial centres for WAEC, NECO, JAMB, ICAN and other exams

Ummigal

I have had an experience in the teaching profession after I completed my university education. I was posted to a rural secondary school for my mandatory 1 year community service also known as NYSC. I and two other of my colleagues came up with an idea of organising extra lessons after school hours and on Saturdays in order to teach young students who are preparing for the their final exams namely WAEC, NECO and JAMB.
This idea reall proved to be worth it as alot of student were interested. We recorded an increase in student's population from 12 students on the first week to over 60 students by the end of the fifth week. Each student was asked to pay 200 naira every week, so we were making over 12000 naira weekly.
All you have to do is look for a good location. Get a large space that is close to major roads and markets and also where there is a large population of young people. Create bold banners to advertise your services especially when these exams are fast approaching. You could also print alot of fliers with your addresses on them and issue them to school students returning home from school. Even if you are nota very good tutor, you could still partner with friends who are very good at teaching especially Mathematics and science subjects. And of course if you could make students fall in love with mathematics and the sciences, they would always come back for more knowledge and even recommend you to their friends at home and in other schools. This would means more students, that would translate to more money. You could even make a career and a good reputation out of it.

Establishing tutorial centers for WAEC, UTME, post UTME among other exams is very important. Nowadays that everyone wants to educated, so the demand for tutorial is high k

Tutorials centre is a very lucrative business I have a friend who started tutorial centre during his nysc days, he was posted to minna in Niger state and because he has flair for teaching he decided to start a tutorial centre which he was able to get a school he uses after school, because he was a corper he was lucky and the people were accommodating. after service he decided to stay back and continue with the tutorial centre, 3 years after he was able to acquire a property, already built property for school he has started his own school now and is doing very well.

Setting up a tutorial center for the above exams is a good idea as thousands of students enroll for them every year, tutoring and coaching them is definitely a good idea. You have to ensure you have a well equipped coaching center with all the amenities that make learning easier. Good and experienced tutors may be the most important part of setting up this business.

I think the idea of organizing tutorial class is a very good one , but that part that actually has to do with " half baked tutor" , teaming up or partnering with friends who are very good at teaching. I think this part is a no-no . What do you think the impact of poor teaching will be on those students? To me it will feel like a waste of time, energy and money on the part of those students and their Wards at home.
I am not against tutorial classes, but it must be organized to include brilliant tutors, not some nitwits.

Organizing a tutorial for waec, Gce,jamb and so on is a nice idea but what I feel that might be a problem is the aspects of getting a good teacher that will be capable to teach the students well is not easy to find

Starting a tutorial center is a good business provided you love teaching and you have passion for it. You can start with little capital, unlike establishing nursery and primary school which is capital intensive. You can start the coaching with major subject such as mathematics, English Language, physics, chemistry and Biology.

I have had an experience in the teaching profession after I completed my university education. I was posted to a rural secondary school for my mandatory 1 year community service also known as NYSC. I and two other of my colleagues came up with an idea of organising extra lessons after school hours and on Saturdays in order to teach young students who are preparing for the their final exams namely WAEC, NECO and JAMB.
This idea reall proved to be worth it as alot of student were interested. We recorded an increase in student's population from 12 students on the first week to over 60 students by the end of the fifth week. Each student was asked to pay 200 naira every week, so we were making over 12000 naira weekly.
All you have to do is look for a good location. Get a large space that is close to major roads and markets and also where there is a large population of young people. Create bold banners to advertise your services especially when these exams are fast approaching. You could also print alot of fliers with your addresses on them and issue them to school students returning home from school. Even if you are nota very good tutor, you could still partner with friends who are very good at teaching especially Mathematics and science subjects. And of course if you could make students fall in love with mathematics and the sciences, they would always come back for more knowledge and even recommend you to their friends at home and in other schools. This would means more students, that would translate to more money. You could even make a career and a good reputation out of it.
Organising this kind of scheme will not only help you but help everyone in that communities.
It will serve has a mode of making your own extra Cash and it will serves has a mode of acquiring knowledge.
Because there some people who have graduated from school but couldn't proceed because they could not pass in their first sitting but this will help in building them up more

Organizing and setting up a tutorial centres can be a booming scheme. But this needs you to have enough cash for setting up. I think this is a capital intensive business but it's doable. The problem is that the owner needs to make this scheme cheap and affordable for students and at the same time provide the best teachers to lecture the applicants.

There are some people who are actually very good in academics can also have some solid teaching skills to. If you are someone that fall within that category or can employ someone to do it for you then there is absolutely nothing wrong in setting up a tutorial centre. You will just have to find a good location where you are going to host the tutorials and if possible look for small hands to help you.