Selling products straight from the farm then to the customers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One guy who lost his job is now buying bee honey from a bee farm and sells the same to his customers. His method is the simple buy-and-sell concept. He markets the honey in social media. When he gets an order then he would place his order to the farm. He picks up the ordered honey and he delivers the products to his customers.
The profit is good because he is using a motorcycle for his pick up and delivery.

The products are genuine and authentic because the bee farm owner can attest to that. It is hard work to transport the product but that is part of the business to make it more viable with a bigger profit. The only problem is when a lockdown is declared that checkpoints will be there in town and city boundaries. It would hamper the delivery and sometimes there is a subtle extortion by the authorities who are manning the checkpoints.

Very similar to your story I also have someone who deal with Moriga and honey. Straight from his own farm to either the wholesaler or the retailer and it's making him tons of money to even get a tricycle for delivery. I've always encourage any form of farming because it's the new honeycomb and it's rewards are quite sweet.

Selling direct from farm to the customers some time is very good. For example like yam;there are some farmer that do sell direct from farm to their customer and the method really help them because they had already has their own customers to sell to without any stress .

Very similar to your story I also have someone who deal with Moriga and honey. Straight from his own farm to either the wholesaler or the retailer and it's making him tons of money to even get a tricycle for delivery. I've always encourage any form of farming because it's the new honeycomb and it's rewards are quite sweet.
The moringa is a very prolific plant. Here, we eat the leaves as ingredient to dishes. We even have moringa bread which claims to be nutritious. The fruit of the moringa is like a long pod that is so nice to cook as a soup dish. It is easy to grow that a cutting can be fruiting in just 1 year. Unfortunately I have no more space in our property for the moringa so we just ask from the neighbor if we need the fruits or the leaves.

Do you realize, in a business who makes most of the money? It is the middle man, or the supplier, who makes most of the money. The producer who creates or produces the product sells for less, the consumer pays more, and the middle man or the supplier makes most of the money. If you are the producer, you need to sell directly to the consumer to make more money.

Any form of farming can be extremely profitable, if done in the right way.
If you have to supply things that creates or adds value to peoples lives, in this way tons of cash can be generated from the consumers to the supplier. Most people see farming as an archaic or stressful work, but if given proper attention, it could be a turning point.

Selling directly from the farm use to be profitable because if it get to the hand of the retailers it may be more costly than how it should be. Another advantages that one that buy directly from farm over the one that buy from the market is that one will have advantage to choose the best product .

If you know hot do it, it'ii make you get more profit. Usually most of the farmer sell their products not directly to the customer, this thing is the big mistake. The profit is absolutely different when you sell the product directly to the customer. It's means you should have your own stand to selling it.

He must have already gotten more followers on facebook , for him to do more promotion and start getting customers on the social media hub , that needs and demands his product , i think because of the lockdown many business are closed and many people actually orders product online

I always like to buy things especially food stuffs like veggies right from the farm. It is always nutritious that way because you would be getting the right nutrients from the freshness of the vegetables. Again, you would buy it a lot cheaper too since you are buying directly from the producers or the manufacturer as the case maybe.

Farming in general itself is a very profitable and lucrative business, many persons look down on farming without actually understanding what is in it. I Have seen so many persons become millionaires just from farming. Farming is one aspect that no one can actually do without

The difference of price can be determinative, so for example if another farmer will buy a big quantity profit from buying from him will be for example 2 % but he gets most of quantity and resells at 5 % profit so if this guy profit is 6 % for small quantity selling then people will buy directly from new farmer and this is biggest problem of concurrence and people that wants even to save 1 % difference, this is one case that might happen in feature.